FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Veronis
I read that d. adelae root cuttings should be about 1/2 inch to an inch long, ish, so that's what I did. There are around eight root cuttings in the pics below.

I'm going to start them in this pot and then repot the adelae/dielsiana/spatulata into two new pots.

They're on the surface of peat/sand, I didn't pat them down or bury them - should I? Or are they good as-is?
Attachments:
IMG_0053.jpg
IMG_0053.jpg (159.23 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
IMG_0052.jpg
IMG_0052.jpg (169.59 KiB) Viewed 3956 times
By linton
Hi Veronis, they should be fine "as is" providing that you keep them pretty wet. This is a VERY easy plant to propagate - almost as easy as capensis.
By moof
Yes, they're OK for sure. Just keep them wet as linton said, they can die off quickly if dry.
By Caleboy 123
I did a lead cutting on D. Adelae and it took forever to strike. It paid off when it did, though. Good luck!
By tommyr
These root VERY EASY from leaf cuttings. Make sure each end of the healthy leaf is touching the soil mix. Create a greenhouse with a clear bag or clear clamshell type container, place in a bright, indirect sun spot and wait 3-4 weeks. I have quite a few going from leaf cuttings right now.
By blokeman
Make sure you keep adelae separate from all your other cp's cause it will take over, and by the time you realize it, it's too late, and you'll forever have adelae among your plants. Great plant, but very invasive.

You won't have any problems propagating this plant, once established, enjoy the show!
worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!