FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Bill Phoenix
I'm currently growing rotundifolia cuttings in peat, and I've noticed that after the first budding, its leaves were still curled up and were not opened. It's been like this for a while. Some cuttings I started earlier have opened leaves, but have also stopped growth. Should I feed them, or do cuttings normally take a long time to grow?
By thepitchergrower
Try feeding them. Or giving them more light. Use a paintbrush dusted with powdered fish food. Or you could try maxsea.
Bill Phoenix liked this
By ChefDean
Cuttings usually grow faster. Unless they're boogery, don't feed them, the food will just rot.
You could try Maxsea. But, at the size you're talking about, you could just as easily burn them out.
The best thing is to keep them moist and in good light. I'm not sure what your weather is like, but a spot outside that gets bright, indirect light might be ideal.
By Bill Phoenix
ChefDean wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:53 pm Cuttings usually grow faster. Unless they're boogery, don't feed them, the food will just rot.
You could try Maxsea. But, at the size you're talking about, you could just as easily burn them out.
The best thing is to keep them moist and in good light. I'm not sure what your weather is like, but a spot outside that gets bright, indirect light might be ideal.
thank you
ill move them outside
By ChefDean
Crack the seal, but only enough to create a little airflow and to allow any excess heat to escape. If the top is clear, make sure it's not indirect sunlight. If the top is opaque, no more than dappled light.

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!