FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Jawh4290
Hey everyone,

The other day, I requested help in the sundew section of the forum, got some good feedback. However, wanted to introduce myself.

My nickname is Jay, 31 going on 32 next month from Lehigh valley PA. I currently work from home and have a 9 year old son, going on 10.

I've always been fascinated by venus fly traps, and then I learned more about carnivorous plants, and found it to be just my hobby now. I only have 1 vft, and 1 sundew (potentially on the urge of death in which I'm trying to bring back).

I have unfortuantly killed a few VFT'S (got them from amazon via bloomify). but I have been successful in my last attempt (3, or 4th one RIP to the others). The sundew, I absolutely love, but somehow someway, it's on the brink of death and hopefully with Statstowksi (Sorry if I butchered your name) has given me some steps to try and bring it back.

With that being said, depending on the outcome, I'm really focused on reviving the sundew, and I do want to get more as they are such fascinating plants (I'm going to be honest, I like them more then the lazy oaf (cats) we have.

Maybe I can share some of my experiences and wisdom with you all, but for now, thank you for having me, thank you for letting me be apart of the forum, and I look forward to learning more!

Take care, enjoy your weekend.

Jay.

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!