FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By mitch
hi everyone,

i just brought som spagnum moss (kinda dead but moist with a few green bits) to top up the soil for my new nepenrhes :D,
iv got neally a whole bag left so should i leave it in the pack in my greenhouse or should i put it in a bucket?
does it need sun or shade?

cheers,
mitch
By Pat
Just keep iy in the bag. It will continue to grow once you take it out and put it on top of your pots.
By linton
Keep it in the bag and out of heat & direct sunlight - use a peg to hold the bag closed and it should stay nice & moist and ready for use next time. Remember that both too much heat and also tap water will kill the moss.
By linton
Yes, grow it wherever you can. Shallow trays with a thin layer of peat at the bottom will work well, just don't let the moss get too hot or let the tray dry out. It actually grows really well in old fish tanks too, just leave the lid on the tank and water only when you can't see any water at the bottom of the tank.
By mitch
linton wrote:Yes, grow it wherever you can. Shallow trays with a thin layer of peat at the bottom will work well, just don't let the moss get too hot or let the tray dry out. It actually grows really well in old fish tanks too, just leave the lid on the tank and water only when you can't see any water at the bottom of the tank.
linton,
should it be in shade, sun, filtered sun, or under a 15 watt grow-lux fluorescent tube?

cheers,
mitch

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

From what I remember, one quarter teaspoon per gal[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!