- Typicals - The base species of any carnivorous plant. No varieties, hybrids, or cultivars
- Hybrids - Any carnivorous plant crosses, man-made or natural
- Monochrome - Any carnivorous plant that exhibits an all white or all green variety
- Outliers - Some of the lesser seen species such as utricularia, aldrovanda, genlisea, byblis, drosophyllum, brocchinia, catopsis, philcoxia, roridula, triphyophyllum, triantha (I think some of these may not be in cultivation)
- Collections - Up to 4 photos allowed, displaying your collection
Keep these in mind and get ready for the upcoming contests.