FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'm considering moving Maxsea to Tier 3, or removing it altogether, as I've received many complaints that it has killed or otherwise harmed many plants. Upon further investigation, it was always determined that the user was inexperienced with fertilizer use, mixed up a gallon portion of Maxsea into a lower volume of water (one person mixed it into one cup of water), over applied the solution and/or a number of other reasons. The Maxsea is still good, but it should be used as a supplement to help plants, not their primary food source. Although fertilizer isn't necessary, or even recommended in many cases, the consensus suggestion of 1/4 tsp per gallon is intended to give novice users a safe starting point for their plants. Each species is different, and each plant is different, but stronger is not necessarily better.
Bottom line, they're your plants, you do what you want with them. But instructions on safe usage are out there, they're not hidden, you just need to find them. If you kill them from too much Maxsea, that's on you. I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's not my fault that peoples plants died because they mixed Maxsea 16 times stronger than recommended, over 5 times stronger than many expert growers use, and applied daily.
Be smart with it, don't rush it.
JohnW Grow List

Carnivero had clone 3 listed as female on their sa[…]

I don't have a huge collection, but I don't flush […]

What's the difference?

I got about 6 of them sprouted so far

0988 expired and canceled

Request has expired and been canceled. Seeds retur[…]

0984 expired and canceled

Request has expired and been canceled. Seeds retur[…]

Possible hybrid?

Hey everyone, Is D. spatulata x natalensis a poss[…]

Heat wave

The oreophila is already growing phyllodia...

Dx FL giant (thank you elaineo)

Your plants look great! Did you actually get you[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!