FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Ewreck
So yesterday I repotted my dormant purp venosa. I did full repot not slip potting because the medium was nasty and I prolly should have done it when I first got it but had no idea what I was doing then. Should I keep it in the shade now for a couple weeks or does it matter? Also what about watering? Should I give it a little more water now to keep the soil wetter? I have been keeping them a little on the drier side but since it’s roots aren’t established not quite sure what to do here
Attachments:
9F2944E1-BB80-404B-8DB4-3E7A60803795.jpeg
9F2944E1-BB80-404B-8DB4-3E7A60803795.jpeg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 3800 times
By Panman
Normal sun and watering should be fine as long as you weren't too rough when handling the roots. If the bulk of the roots were left intact, you won't need to do anything special except maybe a little more water.
MikeB liked this
By Ewreck
Ok thx and I didn’t break any roots but I did clean them off the best I could. The company I bought it from had lsfm wrapped around the rhizome and I was kinda afraid maybe it was choking it out. The media also had these round green pellets in it which I think was fertilizer. So it was bare rooted as much as I could but I had to leave some because it was so entangled. I’ll start keeping water in its tray now. I was just kinda confused since that goes against how you would normally water a dormant plant. Thanks again
By Ewreck
It’s only a 3 inch pot. It’s the one it came in I just replaced the medium. I have been looking online for some taller ones but Im pretty good at procrastinating. I figured i could use this pot for now then slip pot it once I get taller ones. Also the roots barely started coming out the bottom this season( I almost killed the plant at first )I think it had some kind of pests and I didn’t realize it so i think that was why.
By MikeB
Ewreck wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:51 pm I have been looking online for some taller ones but Im pretty good at procrastinating. I figured i could use this pot for now then slip pot it once I get taller ones.
FYI - I bought two sets of these for my individual flytraps and smaller Sarracenia:

T4U plastic pots, light stone gray (looks more like sandstone tan to me)
5.75" diameter x 5.75" tall
Set of 10
$19.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078MPTNNH

Decent size, sturdy, good drainage. The light color helps the pot stay cooler in the summer sun. You'll want a deeper saucer or a small bowl for Sarracenia. They're out of stock at the moment but worth keeping an eye on.
Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!