FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

User avatar
By IoanAdam
Posts:  221
Joined:  Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:51 am
#398432
I bought this plant from IKEA so it most likely is a typical but I was wondering if it could be something else. Also, does it seem dormant?
Attachments:
20220126_113950.jpg
20220126_113950.jpg (3.53 MiB) Viewed 2337 times
20220126_114042.jpg
20220126_114042.jpg (3.4 MiB) Viewed 2337 times
By Dragonslayer126
Location: 
Posts:  223
Joined:  Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 pm
#398631
ChefDean wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:20 am ^^^^ That. Plus, some will hug the ground and traps may die,
And does the wip slim snapper still make ground hugging traps?
User avatar
By ChefDean
Location: 
Posts:  5816
Joined:  Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:44 am
#398632
Dragonslayer126 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:00 am
ChefDean wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:20 am ^^^^ That. Plus, some will hug the ground and traps may die,
But aren't there ground hugging cultivars?
Dragonslayer126 wrote:And does the wip slim snapper still make ground hugging traps?
Hence the word "some", meaning not all.
User avatar
By MikeB
Location: 
Posts:  1202
Joined:  Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:13 pm
#398714
Don't look at it as "just a typical". Think of it as "a cultivar without a name". Every flytrap is special in its own way.
IoanAdam, IoanAdam liked this
By Dragonslayer126
Location: 
Posts:  223
Joined:  Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 pm
#398726
ChefDean wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:13 am
Dragonslayer126 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:00 am
ChefDean wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:20 am ^^^^ That. Plus, some will hug the ground and traps may die,
But aren't there ground hugging cultivars?
Dragonslayer126 wrote:And does the wip slim snapper still make ground hugging traps?
Hence the word "some", meaning not all.
Oh, I thought you meant that some of the traps on the plant will ground hug.
Seed Bank VFT OP

I can't get one now cause I'm sick and I don't fee[…]

Selling on Etsy!

I would buy some cuttings if you teach me how to […]

Divide or repot

Why not both? Divide it if you can, but put all th[…]

Carpenter Bees

Very humane no kill traps, bees can easily be tran[…]

Thanks for confirming. Just managed to gently pul[…]

Hey. Why my life?

It's my first time gardening this year and I ha[…]

Bump. I need some too. Let me hang out. Sent fro[…]

Out of Control Binata

My binata needs to take some notes from yours.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!