FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Supercazzola
Anyone have a few nepenthes seeds to part with? I’m not looking for anything rare or super special. I’m not looking for a whole seedpod either. I just would like to try and grow a Nepenthes from seed. My plants are too small / young to flower so I can’t pollinate them. Does the seed bank ever get any Nepenthes seeds? Does anyone have some they would be willing to part with?
BugBiters liked this
By TrapsAndDews
If I remember right, Nepenthes seeds don't last very long. Which means that they would probably be rare in the seed bank. Correct me if I'm wrong.
By ChefDean
You could try messaging member trinhkhtn, he has sold a bunch of Nep seeds in the past. I've gotten some from him, but I gave the last ones away due to my poor space management. Apollyon won them and got some N. smilesii to germinate and gave me one.
Trinh hasn't been on since October 2020, but may have something. When he listed, he listed right after harvest, and it took about six weeks to arrive from Vietnam. Search trinhkhtn in the US Sales forum, I think he listed his email address so you could message him directly. I don't quite remember the cost, but it was under $20 at the time for a couple pods, and that included shipping.
By specialkayme
@Supercazzola, if you find a good source, let me know.

Like you, I'm not interested in a ton, or anything super rare. Just never had the chance to start a nepenthes from a seed. Everything I can find is either CRAZY expensive, highly suspicious as to what it is (or if it's illegally harvested), or both.
By Panman
I won some seeds in a contest. I believe it was a pod. We'll see if they actually make it to me as I believe they are coming from overseas. Seeds rarely make it through Atlanta customs.
By thepitchergrower
I know what Ebay sellers do to get seeds through. You use an empty flashlight. Take out the batteries, put in the seeds. Then close it, and put the flashlight in a padded envelope.
By Nepenthes0260
You might want to try contacting @nepentheses on IG if you're looking for seeds. He's a local friend of mine and just produced some seed with his magnificent lvb plant. The crosses are about as complex as you can get, but they're fairly fresh so always worth a shot asking if he still has some :lol:
ChefDean, Supercazzola liked this
By PlanT640847401
I have [spectablis x ventricosa] x maxima seeds in production right now. Id be willing to trade for sarr/dew seeds, just pm me.

(Seeds are still on the flower, but they look several months away. Can arrange a trade now, that way freshest seeds are traded)
ChefDean, BugBiters liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

I have only grown the humptydew type of D. burmann[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!