FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
I have plants growing in my racks with 2 40 watt fluorescent grow bulbs and 2 40 watt equivalent white led tubes. The plants are about 6 inches from the lights. This is my second season with this set up and the plants all respond well and develop a strong red color.

I have set up a 4x2x2 grow tent with 2 Yescom 225 white/blue lights in it. They are about 12 inches from the plants. I have downloaded a PAR meter app for my phone. I understand that the phone isn't going to give an accurate PAR reading, but can I use the readings to compare the fluorescent set up to the LED setup? My assumption is that if the PAR level on the setup I know is working is the same or lower than the new set up, I should be good.

Thoughts?
By DUB-C
Panman wrote:I have plants growing in my racks with 2 40 watt fluorescent grow bulbs and 2 40 watt equivalent white led tubes. The plants are about 6 inches from the lights. This is my second season with this set up and the plants all respond well and develop a strong red color.

I have set up a 4x2x2 grow tent with 2 Yescom 225 white/blue lights in it. They are about 12 inches from the plants. I have downloaded a PAR meter app for my phone. I understand that the phone isn't going to give an accurate PAR reading, but can I use the readings to compare the fluorescent set up to the LED setup? My assumption is that if the PAR level on the setup I know is working is the same or lower than the new set up, I should be good.

Thoughts?
Panman, which app have you downloaded? I am currently running a free to download app (Photone) which has all the lighting options, however full spectrum LED and Fluorescent tubes are an extra charge. I believe it gives fairly accurate par readings and converts to other measurements. If you don't mind spending a few bucks, you could find out what your looking for.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!