FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By cnrose
I recently completed and received my first order from Florae of 7 nepenthes. I'd heard Florae mentioned around, but didn't really know anything about them. Without further ado, here's the rundown of my experience ordering from them (spoiler alert: I'm very impressed!):

The good:
[*] Great size plants! While I do enjoy growing nepenthes from very small, I'm certainly not going to complain about receiving plants 3-inches across with a half dozen pitchers.
[*] Good eclectic selection of plants for cheap. If you can get over the fact that not every plant will be a Borneo Exotics clone (and you should!), you can get some real interesting stuff!
[*] Can add on plants to an existing order very easily.
[*] Very good packaging. My nepenthes all came pre-potted, with an additional pot on top (filled with sphagnum as insulation) to protect the leaves/pitchers from shipping handling and the cold. Due to USPS issues, my order was in the mail for 8 days, but nearly all the plants are fine 48 hours after unboxing. I noticed that even after 8 days in the mail, they still weren't cold (which is more than could be said for another order that arrived the same day from another shop that forgot to include a heat pack, and had very cold plants).
[*] Very good customer service. Due to the USPS delay (through no fault of Florae), one of the lowland plants was looking a little bad, and took a turn for the worse the day after receiving the package. I sent a picture to their customer service email of the damaged plant - unsure the cause of the damage - and got an email back saying it was definitely cold damage, and giving me credit for the value of the plant. Their customer service was also able to cancel a duplicate order I made in error, and hold my order due to a cold snap a couple weeks ago.

The only real suggestion I have for improvement is to add an "In Stock" checkbox for searching through their available plants! I like to sort "Price Low->High" but usually that results in having to wade through pages of plants that are sold out :lol:

In conclusion, definitely give Florae Collaborative a shot, and pick up some of their seed-grown plants or odd crosses!
Supercazzola liked this
By Nocturne
Yeah just be careful when you try to store some of their growing materials…they aren’t joking on the claim that their packaging is compostable (breaks down in 3 weeks)…
By Ewreck
Can we see what you got? I always see their pics on instagram and they look good.
By cnrose
Ewreck wrote:Can we see what you got? I always see their pics on instagram and they look good.
Here's a pic I took the day they arrived!
Attachments:
florae.jpg
florae.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 6795 times
CPhunter101, Ewreck, MikeB and 1 others liked this
By specialkayme
Quite a haul @cnrose, I bet you got a signed thank you card from Ryan too ;)
By cnrose
specialkayme wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:06 pm Quite a haul @cnrose, I bet you got a signed thank you card from Ryan too ;)
I have a problem where I have too many nepenthes, so I get more grow space to put them in, then I feel the need to get more nepenthes to fill up that grow space :lol:
Panman, Supercazzola liked this
By Camden
Not to bring up a dead thread or anything but had to add to the review’s. Exceptional service, packaging, pretty much everything! Even gave me a hand signed thank you card. I highly recommend waiting until they have bidding available if possible. The last one sold a Rajah x Lowii for around $250!!! (Like WHAT?!?!) I do believe the one before had last bid for a klossii at 60$ too; you get the idea. The one and only thing I could say is to adjust the website a bit more to mobile; if you have your screen vertically you have to turn your phone horizontally for a wider screen to access the filters( if that made any sense :lol:[im sure you’d get what I mean if you ever used the website on a phone]).
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!