FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By VinylSock
Hi everyone,

I used to grow mostly sundews, lots of varieties. Others as well such as American pitcher plants, nepenthes, pings and utrics. I had a beautiful collection growing and then life happened. The plants got neglected and I lost most of them. I collected seed though the whole growing time, but now, years later, i am ready to grow again but my seeds are old and not proving to be very viable anymore. I plan to be full time outdoor growing. I may lose some plants in the weather, but I want to try it. I found a local grower near me and have started with some live plants and the spark to get growing again has come back! I look forward to being here, helping where I can, and asking questions!
IoanAdam liked this
By ChefDean
VinylSock wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:06 amI plan to be full time outdoor growing. I may lose some plants in the weather, but I want to try it. I found a local grower near me and have started with some live plants and the spark to get growing again has come back!
Welcome to the FTC forums.
Whereabouts do you live? City and state only, no need to post anything more specific than that. I only ask because, even though you have some experience with carnivorous plants, others can share their experience and suggestions with their specific plants you may potentially get seeds or more from to help you have success in your area.
By evenwind
Welcome!
By VinylSock
ChefDean wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:12 pm
VinylSock wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:06 amI plan to be full time outdoor growing. I may lose some plants in the weather, but I want to try it. I found a local grower near me and have started with some live plants and the spark to get growing again has come back!
Welcome to the FTC forums.
Whereabouts do you live? City and state only, no need to post anything more specific than that. I only ask because, even though you have some experience with carnivorous plants, others can share their experience and suggestions with their specific plants you may potentially get seeds or more from to help you have success in your area.
Hey Chef, Vallejo California i have updated my profile as well. Thanks for asking and reminding me!
Panman liked this
By ChefDean
In the Bay area you shouldn't have any problems outside for most carny plants. Some sundews may get a little ratty during the hot months, and you might be OK for dormancy for the temperates.
Good luck.
By thepitchergrower
ChefDean wrote:In the Bay area you shouldn't have any problems outside for most carny plants. Some sundews may get a little ratty during the hot months, and you might be OK for dormancy for the temperates.
Good luck.
Chef, more than OK if you ask me. I'm in Fremont. I found the water trays were frozen. Ice!
Attachments:
PXL_20220102_171722973.jpg
PXL_20220102_171722973.jpg (342.95 KiB) Viewed 3537 times
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!