FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Garden_Nymph
My little Lady Luck Nep is growing beautifully but she isn't putting out new pitchers. Is there anything I can do to help her?
By ChefDean
It's wintertime, and she's probably not getting as good of light as she would in the summer. I have two Lady Lucks and a smilesii, all of which had pitchers when I brought them in last fall, now only the smilesii has a couple pitchers left.
Once I am able to out them back outside this spring, they will resume growing pitchers. If I stuff the pitchers with Japanese Beetles again, they'll explode with new growth.
Once it warms up, and the photoperiod increases again, yours will start to grow pitchers again.
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
Humidity and other relative factors can also play a role. As it tends to get more humid when it is warmer, it tends you just naturally work out that way.
Garden_Nymph liked this
By Garden_Nymph
Supercazzola wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:21 pm Describe the conditions you have it growing in, please….
I have her growing in Sphagnum moss in my sunny(ish due to winter) window. She gets double filtered water (first in pur and then in zero and its tested before using) Her leaves look beautiful and healthy.
By Garden_Nymph
ChefDean wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:33 pm It's wintertime, and she's probably not getting as good of light as she would in the summer. I have two Lady Lucks and a smilesii, all of which had pitchers when I brought them in last fall, now only the smilesii has a couple pitchers left.
Once I am able to out them back outside this spring, they will resume growing pitchers. If I stuff the pitchers with Japanese Beetles again, they'll explode with new growth.
Once it warms up, and the photoperiod increases again, yours will start to grow pitchers again.
Ahhh true, this is most likely it then. I just like to stay ahead of any potential issues. Thank you for the info! She is still a baby, only about 5" tall right now.

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!