FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By CrazyPlantLady
I have moved twice this year and between all the upheaval from moving and three entirely different growing conditions in one calendar year my collection is out of control. I am having issues I never encountered before and everything has spread like wildfire since my plants (other than being watered somewhat regularly) have been completely ignored. I think I have mold, some sort of fungus, and maybe aphids??? I don't even know where to start getting everything back on track. Entire trays are under attack, so repotting isn't really in the cards, at least not until spring when I have the family/work/new house thing set up and can focus on plants again. I set up a fan at the new place but I feel like I am just blowing mold around so I haven't had it on lately.

Thanks in advance, I am totally overwhelmed.
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.02.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.02.59 AM.png (794.36 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.02.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.02.51 AM.png (801.05 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.02.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.02.42 AM.png (704.52 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.02.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 7.02.33 AM.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 3459 times
By ChefDean
Get some Bioadvanced 3 in 1, it's a insecticide, miticide, and fungicide. It's one of the more mild ones, and works well on aphids and fungus/mold, but not so well on mites. Sometimes you can find a ready to use spray online, but usually you would have to get the concentrated stuff and dilute it down in a spray bottle.
Once you get some, hit everything with a light spray twice in the first week, then once a week after that for a few weeks, making sure you get under the leaves too. It has a slight systemic property that should hopefully take care of the aphids you miss.
That should also at least keep the mold in check, but I don't know if it will knock that stuff out, it's pretty extensive. You may have to break even with it until you can repot into fresh media.
The past pic is algae, not mold. You'll want to not keep that one as wet, even letting the top dry out. Some people also put a thin layer of sand on top to block the algae from forming or growing. But with seedlings that small, you'd have to pay special attention to not cover them as well. Maybe do your best to scrape excess algae off, then keep it less wet, and try topping with sand.
Most plants won't have a problem with the spray, but sundews seem to not like insecticides. They'll decline a bit and look ratty, but it shouldn't kill them unless they're very tiny and/or weak already, and they should recover once the growing season resumes.
Good luck, you have a battle ahead.
CrazyPlantLady liked this
By MikeB
Those are definitely aphids feeding on the flower stalks.

BioAdvanced 3-in-1 is good stuff to have on hand. Here is an Amazon link for a 2-pack of the ready-to-use formula.
By MikeB
CrazyPlantLady wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:16 pm Thank you both, I ordered the 3-in-1 and begin the process today!
Be sure to read the instructions. You have to apply the spray outdoors and let the plant sit out there for a few hours while it dries.
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!