FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By doku
Matt wrote:Well, you might not have to wait for long. I'm likely going to open it up next week. Probably tomorrow I'll open it up to some people that want to act as my "guinea pigs" and if those orders go well, I'll open it up to the public a few days later.
lol, i wouldnt mind being a guinea pig. :D
By Matt
doku wrote:
Matt wrote:Well, you might not have to wait for long. I'm likely going to open it up next week. Probably tomorrow I'll open it up to some people that want to act as my "guinea pigs" and if those orders go well, I'll open it up to the public a few days later.
Sounds good. Watch the "Announcements" forum and I'll probably post there about "Guinea Pigs" later today or tomorrow morning.
By dionaea muscipula
Matt wrote:
doku wrote:
Sounds good. Watch the "Announcements" forum and I'll probably post there about "Guinea Pigs" later today or tomorrow morning.
OK? i have a question wat do you refer as "Guinea Pigs" . sound like............................ :?
By Matt
dionaea muscipula wrote:OK? i have a question wat do you refer as "Guinea Pigs" . sound like............................ :?
In colloquial speech, a "guinea pig" is someone that takes part in an experiment:
http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/i ... a-pig.html
By dionaea muscipula
Matt wrote:
dionaea muscipula wrote:OK? i have a question wat do you refer as "Guinea Pigs" . sound like............................ :?
In colloquial speech, a "guinea pig" is someone that takes part in an experiment:
http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/i ... a-pig.html
oh..... awesome AWESOMER!!\
By Matt
Updated today (October 26th). I finally got around to adding a bunch of plants that I've had for a while now. I'm good about keeping up with the Dionaea, but not so much with the other species. I think I've got a Cephalotus coming my way soon too!
By dionaea muscipula
wow Matt you have a very awesome collection!
By kittyklaws
Woah...nice list! And you've got quite a few orchids too :D
By Adam
I really can't wait for all the varieties to make it up to Canada!!!!! (I feel I should smuggle them in :? )
By petmantis
Adam wrote:I really can't wait for all the varieties to make it up to Canada!!!!! (I feel I should smuggle them in :? )
Hehe, it's hard to resist that impulse. The U.S. has a huge variety of VFTs, partly because most of the cultivars are registered there... ;) CITES can be a pain.

Nice list Matt. Good luck with TCing the rare stuff there! The VFTs would be a hit :P
By Matt
petmantis wrote:Hehe, it's hard to resist that impulse. The U.S. has a huge variety of VFTs, partly because most of the cultivars are registered there... ;) CITES can be a pain.

Nice list Matt. Good luck with TCing the rare stuff there! The VFTs would be a hit :P
The good news is that sterile cultures are CITES exempt. Also, I'm still unclear whether or not a phytosanitary certificate is needed (I'm starting to think it's not), but even if it is, I can get one for $20 now that I'm an officially registered nursery in the state of Oregon. If I can get the rarer clones in my collection established in TC, I'll be able to ship them to Canada. The only added expense for the customer would be the $20 phyto and whatever international shipping costs are.
Perlite from Ebay

The website, http://www.perlagro.co.uk/product/per[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!