FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By Bill Phoenix
SUNDEWS
3X Drosera capensis "Typical" @specialkayme :)
Drosera rotundifolia
Drosera burmannii(seedlings)
Drosera intermedia(seedlings)
4-5X Drosera intermedia 'Bean River' N.S.@hollyhock :)
Spatulata var. lovallae(seedlings)
Drosera filiformis @elaineo :)
2X Drosera 'Dreamsicle'@hollyhock :)

VENUS FLYTRAPS
X5 Dionaea M. "Typical"
Dionea M. "Maroon Monster"@elaineo :)

SARRACENIA
Dana's Delight
S. Berry Pastry X Catesbei Heavy Veins (grown by Phil F.)@hollyhock :)
5X Random Rhizomes
Random Sarracenia Seedling @elaineo :)

WANT
Any temperate plants 👍

NON CP's
Aquatic Milkweed
Common Milkweed
Butterfly Weed
Swamp Milkweed
Green Milkweed
Tropical Milkweed
Assorted variety of sunflowers
Catmint
Catnip
Dill
Lemon Balm
A LOT of Mint
A lot of seeds

i dont think this is all, so ill probably update this soon
Last edited by Bill Phoenix on Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Panman, DUB-C liked this
By Bill Phoenix
TrapsAndDews wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:53 pm Nice. Your growlist is almost the same as mine except I'm growing D. spatulata instead of D. rotundifolia. Are your sundews adult plants or seedlings?
Im pretty sure its an adult, and I actually have a post showing what it looks like. I found it hitchhiking with a vft.

post393472.html#p393472
By Apollyon
Trading too. Clip a couple leaves and propagate that rotundifolia or capensis and you'll have plenty to work with. You'd be surprised how many people would be interested in them. Class I in the seedbank is great, and sometimes you can find good deals on forums like these if you're looking for something in particular. Post an ISO thread in the Trades/Wants section. I've picked up some obscure plants that way.
By NightRaider
Furiously takes notes
Seriously though, I just got a huge set of test tubes to fill up with cuttings now that I'm getting into some rarer plants, after I'd been putting it off for months since I didn't figure too many people would have any interest in buying/trading for relatively common stuff. Bodes well for the couple hundred plants I have propagated right now that I'll have to try to get rid of come spring, at least.
As for OP, yeah that list is gonna grow quick. This time last year I had maybe 6 plants total. Now? I'm probably pushing 70 types and a bare minimum of 300 individual plants, and I've barely even touched Dionaea or Pinguicula yet.
By Hendre
NightRaider wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:26 pm Furiously takes notes
Seriously though, I just got a huge set of test tubes to fill up with cuttings now that I'm getting into some rarer plants, after I'd been putting it off for months since I didn't figure too many people would have any interest in buying/trading for relatively common stuff. Bodes well for the couple hundred plants I have propagated right now that I'll have to try to get rid of come spring, at least.
As for OP, yeah that list is gonna grow quick. This time last year I had maybe 6 plants total. Now? I'm probably pushing 70 types and a bare minimum of 300 individual plants, and I've barely even touched Dionaea or Pinguicula yet.
+1 on this
I started early last year and my accession list is sitting at about 160 (although this includes failed cuttings, plants that died etc). If you get trading locally the list will inflate FAST :D
By Bill Phoenix
Camden M wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:34 pm Do you just mean dormant? Hopefully we can restore you growlist :)
at the beginning of summer I sprained my ankle, and after a month of recovery most of my plants had been killed due to lack of water.

I'm thinking of restarting my collection
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
Yeah man, sorry to hear that. Maybe I can get you some sarrs or VFTs in spring if they divide.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!