FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'd like to thank Nepenthes0260 for his recent donation.
I think he gets a bit of a thrill donating some of these new seeds, some are very uncommon. He has donated a pack of S. alata (Jackson Co., MS) clone A x self, two packs of D. spatulata (Buried Forest, NZ), two packs of Drosera Petiolaris complex mix (who knows what you'll find there?), a pack of D. capensis (Kleinriver Mtns, 260 m asl), and a pack of D. capensis "Hairy Form".
I gotta say, I also get a little excited when he sends us stuff, he's got a fantastic collection.
These seeds are only available to donors for the next 48 hours, and all eligible members after that.
Nepenthes0260, thank you for your continued generosity.
By Nepenthes0260
elaineo wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:54 pm I gotta ask... what is "hairy form"?
Glad you got them, Dean! Hope they grow well for everybody :D

@ChefDean, do you remember if I added any other sort of label to the cape “hairy form” pack? This year two of my hairy forms bloomed and made seed— one from Stellenbosch (I originally imported the seed from Allen Lowrie), as well as an old strain from Ellenic on eBay. Here are pics of both for @Elaineo. They have hairier lamina and petioles than most other capes.
Attachments:
Ellenic hairy
Ellenic hairy
F903CE3F-A538-416E-A9D0-27524DD475C0.jpeg (196.99 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Stellenbosch Hairy from Lowrie
Stellenbosch Hairy from Lowrie
6926BA7A-B9F7-440D-8B9C-D25AA5F00B0A.jpeg (108.02 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
elaineo, sundewd liked this
By ChefDean
Nepenthes0260 wrote:@ChefDean, do you remember if I added any other sort of label to the cape “hairy form” pack? This year two of my hairy forms bloomed and made seed— one from Stellenbosch (I originally imported the seed from Allen Lowrie), as well as an old strain from Ellenic on eBay. Here are pics of both for @Elaineo. They have hairier lamina and petioles than most other capes.
The one you sent was labeled Ellenic. I left that off because you said that was who you got it from rather than a location or a cultivar name. At least, that what I thought you had said.
Do I need to add Ellenic to the description?
By Nepenthes0260
ChefDean wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:17 pm
Nepenthes0260 wrote:@ChefDean, do you remember if I added any other sort of label to the cape “hairy form” pack? This year two of my hairy forms bloomed and made seed— one from Stellenbosch (I originally imported the seed from Allen Lowrie), as well as an old strain from Ellenic on eBay. Here are pics of both for @Elaineo. They have hairier lamina and petioles than most other capes.
The one you sent was labeled Ellenic. I left that off because you said that was who you got it from rather than a location or a cultivar name. At least, that what I thought you had said.
Do I need to add Ellenic to the description?
That might be best to limit confusion, considering there are a number of "hairy forms" floating around in cultivation. It's not a specific cultivar or location but does denote the name of the seller who I could trace it back to.
ChefDean, sundewd liked this
N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!