FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
People have lost their ever loving minds. Every online seller with a website is out of purps. All Etsy stores are out. I had one person buy all of my packs of purpurea seeds. In getting requests from various friends on Facebook to see if I have any purpa available. I was going to expand my collection this spring but it looks like there won't be any available by then. I did contact Mike and Bruce to order what I was planning on getting in February.

On a plus note, my purp that will be divided this spring will likely double in value.

If anyone has some they want to sell and don't mind them being ground up for some homeopathic concoction, now is the time to do it.
MaxVft liked this
By ChefDean
I was contacted by one of my neighbors as she is caught up in this latest, witch doctor, craze. I was able to point her to a couple of online sellers, but they only had small plants available, nothing big enough for her needs. However, she is taking a trip south of Nashville later this week, so she might stop in to see if Dom has any on hand at Red Leaf Exotics. He'd sell them to her even if he knew they were going to be sliced and diced for this homeopathic, snake oil fantasy.
Before I figured out what she was wanting them for I showed her a pic of mine. She wanted to buy them right then. Luckily I said no, but I expect her to offer again come next Spring. At which time I will tell her that mine, unfortunately, did not survive dormancy. :cry:
By Panman
Sarracenia2004 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:21 pm Interestingly, I don't like purps and other smaller sarracenia. I only like the tall and upright ones. The taller the better for me. Purps are just to short lol
Heathen!
MikeB liked this
By Kapahulu
Funny you should mention this... Ive been looking for purps to expand my collection, for 2 weeks with no luck...
By ChefDean
Kapahulu wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:59 pm Funny you should mention this... Ive been looking for purps to expand my collection, for 2 weeks with no luck...
Check out Lee's Botanical Gardens on FB and redleafexotics.com, I saw that they both had them listed.
Scratch that, it looks like Matt has some cool ones listed on flytrapcare.com.
Kapahulu liked this
By Apollyon
Crazy. Glad I picked up the one I did lol. I have 2. Maybe I'll be able to trade them for a car one day :lol:
ChefDean, Supercazzola liked this
By Apollyon
It's true. They're a lot cooler in person. Only purp I had was the mutated smurf and I didn't really care about them. I got a "real" one not too long ago and it catches your attention, even if they're much smaller than the others
Kapahulu liked this
By MikeB
I like purps: they may be short, but they have lots of character.

I like roseas, too: purp's Jimmy Buffet cousin.

One thing that I will not do is sell my plants to people who want to make snake-oil concoctions out of them.
Panman liked this
By MikeB
elaineo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:43 am Wait, wait, what am I missing here? What is this homeopathic concoction?
They make tinctures from Venus flytraps and Sarracenia purpurea.
elaineo wrote: Should I roll up my purps and smoke them?
You could, but I don't think your lungs would be very happy about that....
Sarracenia2004 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:44 am Glad to know that you don't @MikeB. I consider the people who do CP murderers or just very desperate CP growers :lol:
The plants are having a tough-enough time trying to survive as it is without homeopathic remedies added to their list of problems.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!