FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By tracieh
I just redownloaded Tapatalk. It's easier than pulling my laptop out each time I want to search a question (and I search ALOT through the forum). Ads keep starting constantly. They are loud and there is no telling when they will start. Does anyone have a work around for this? There is no setting for it.

Sent from my EC211001 using Tapatalk

Panman liked this
By Cross
I use Chrome as well. I didn't know there even were ads. But it's on my nerves too. My last seed request pm had disappeared. I knew I got it, but it wasn't there anymore. In fact, there weren't any messages from Chefdean, at all. I finally thought about it a bunch, swore a little, threw the envelopes, and finally got an idea. I checked the sent. I had to look far, but I found a message that quoted his address. So I had to change the info to work with my new one. It does this all the time. It did this with Panman's as well. I don't understand why. I think I'll reinstall too. Maybe I'll swear at it less lol.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

By MaxVft
Same as Panman. I got tapatalk last night and MAN is it bad, immediately switched back over to good old browser.
By ChefDean
I do like Cross, and just swear at it a lot. But, since I'm a Chef, I swear at it in Kitchen Spanish. Kinda like Trucker French or Airport Chinese, none of which are appropriate for anyone, at any age.
Seriously though, I've always used Chrome and never had an issue.
By DeadlyCarnivore
I use the app and rarely notice the ads, to be honest. Though I am noticing those weird "scroll" ads now. The ones that you have to scroll through in that weird way. The audio ones never affect me as I keep my volume off all the time.

I might have a workaround, what kind of phone do you have?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

By MikeB
TrapsAndDews wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:58 pm I use Microsoft Edge and it works fine. No ads.
FYI - Edge is Chrome's cousin. They both use the Chromium web rendering engine under the hood, just a different paint job on the user interface.
MaxVft liked this
By tracieh
DeadlyCarnivore wrote:I use the app and rarely notice the ads, to be honest. Though I am noticing those weird "scroll" ads now. The ones that you have to scroll through in that weird way. The audio ones never affect me as I keep my volume off all the time.

I might have a workaround, what kind of phone do you have?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I keep my sound on. I have an Android.

I think I'm going to just bookmark it on chrome now.

Sent from my EC211001 using Tapatalk

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!