FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By evenwind
Maybe most of you already know about these but I didn't until a couple of months ago. They are humidity domes for individual small square pots. They come in either 2.75"/7cm or 4"/10cm. For longer term use, they are much nicer and neater than baggies and the like. They also feature an adjustable vent at the top. I found one source for just the domes and multiple souces for dome/pot sets. Incidently, I recommend the 7cm pots - which are either BangQiao or reasonably good imitations (with or with out the domes) from the sets - they are my go to pots for low growing drosera and seedlings.

The only source I found for just the domes:
https://www.amazon.com/YARDWE-Seedlings ... ef=sr_1_94

A search for "7cm pot humidity domes" on either Amazon or Ebay will get you to the sets.
PB162495a.JPG
PB162495a.JPG (60.86 KiB) Viewed 6483 times
FWIW
By optique
Have you seen the deep treys sold at the big box stores? That's what i have been using. This is the eight inch but they come in a lot of sizes.

By evenwind
Sure, but they're round. I use only square pots and I've found that a big enough round dome lets a lot of air exchange on a square pot, so the humidity doesn't get particularly high.
By Kapahulu
I got similar pots on Amazon also. I have the white pots. I used a couple of domes to cover some drosera capensis seeds I put in a bog garden (Just to see what happens)
By thepitchergrower
I use certain cups, like for drinking and stuff. Often times they come with premade humidity domes. This way I can help recycle.
I know that Panman does the same.
By MikeB
You can also get tall humidity domes that fit on 1020 trays. Then it doesn't matter if your pots are round or square.
By evenwind
All I was trying to point out was if (like me) you use square pots and if you have a plant or two that needs some time in higher humidity, there's a good-fitting option - individual square-based domes for square-shaped pots. On the other hand, if you use round pots and/or have enough plants that need the humidity boost to make the space a full tray takes up worthwhile, then there are a lot of good options.
By Cross
evenwind wrote:All I was trying to point out was if (like me) you use square pots and if you have a plant or two that needs some time in higher humidity, there's a good-fitting option - individual square-based domes for square-shaped pots. On the other hand, if you use round pots and/or have enough plants that need the humidity boost to make the space a full tray takes up worthwhile, then there are a lot of good options.
You know.... I never thought about comes. I have a mix between solo cups, taco bell cups, and square cups. I'm glad you found these. Now I can try domes for all my pots. My neps will probably like them too

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

By TrapsAndDews
I'm just using rectangular aluminum foil cake pans as trays for my sundews and I use the lid as a humidity dome.
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!