FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Anrich
I fully support the seed bank idea!!Let me know if this idea needs help!!!
By linton
Hi Anrich, the best kind of help the seed bank could use at the moment is seed itself! Maybe we will have some more varieties available come Spring time?
By sipecsus
curtis , nice plants man! it looks like a crazy little jungle! lol but after reading all the posts i take it that u dont have any seeds left???
By sipecsus
hey curtis nice plants bro! looks like a krazy jungle! lol any seeds left???
By salami
I would love to have some seeds but it will ned to be posted in an evenleope since customs are likely to confiscate and burn the seeds up if it was sent as a parcel
By Anrich
I am just waiting for my plants flower stalks to ripen. I'll definitely post a hundred seeds to the benefit of the seed bank!!
It's one killer green dragon,artificially fed and pumped with growth hormones.
Ahoy!!
By WORMSS
sounds like cheating to me
By Adam
Anrich,

I would love to see how to increase the growth rate of seedlings. I know you can tissue culture them, but it would be good to get some methods outside of a sterilized environment.

Adam
By linton
salami wrote:I would love to have some seeds but it will ned to be posted in an evenleope since customs are likely to confiscate and burn the seeds up if it was sent as a parcel
Check with customs - just send them an e-mail, I did this recently and found out that Dionaea seed is a permitted import into Australia with a few basic conditions - it must be clean, in new packaging and labelled with the botanical name - that's it! So nothing to worry about. If you send seed in the mail, be sure to send it in a padded envelope or else the postal machinery will crush the seed!
By Adam
Even with the bubble wrap some of the seeds that I got were crushed :(

Casualties of the postal service.

Adam
By sipecsus
yeah some of the seeds i ordered came from australia , europe , and the u.k. , they had a customs label on it but i had no problem with the postal service!
By Flycatcher101
Solarin wrote:Open to all,
My plants just set FRESH seed. They are the typical form and robust growers, (Image below are the plants and seed scape's). I tried to remove the flower scape's this spring but more than a dozen made it to flowering stage. It appears that cross pollination from plants in the growing container has lead to large healthy seed pods, (maybe a few hundred seeds from the group). They are free to those that want to try there hand at starting plants from fresh healthy seeds. I would bet that all will germinate and I would like for them to have a nice happy home. Let me know if any one has any interest.

Best regards
Curtis
Plants and Flowers.jpg
hello, Are you still giving away seeds ? it is now March the 17 in 2009 .......... are your seeds for free ? I am no older then 12 but i am responsible and would make a nice happy home ( in my house of course ). I live in Canada and if you do have seeds left over would you be able to mail it to me ? If u have any questons ( which of course you do !! :| ) you will have to contact me on this sight . i will be in the chat room at 4:00 to 5:00 sorry for the inconvenience . :? :oops: :)
By Matt
Flycatcher101,

I haven't seen Curtis (Solarin) on the forums in a while. I've been meaning to send him an email and check in on him. I'm not sure if he has any seed left, but I know that a few members including myself will have a lot of seed in a few months and I'm sure that someone will send you some then (if you can wait that long).
By Flycatcher101
Matt wrote:Flycatcher101,

I haven't seen Curtis (Solarin) on the forums in a while. I've been meaning to send him an email and check in on him. I'm not sure if he has any seed left, but I know that a few members including myself will have a lot of seed in a few months and I'm sure that someone will send you some then (if you can wait that long).

Sure I can wait .
:D

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!