FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Neuro_MD
So these have all come a long way from starter plants in April, however I wasn’t expecting this many offshoots and new divisions. Growing these is a super small side hobby I have and I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to repotting so many. Any advice on how I should move forward with these? I don’t know if I should get a huge pot and put them all in together, or if I separate them to continue tracking the cultivars, what size pots to get. I don’t want too many pots, but if that’s the best route then so be it. Thank you for any help or advice!
Attachments:
Wally
Wally
C5C32AE0-DAAB-4958-AC35-42EA9A64BC18.jpeg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 1535 times
Low Giant
Low Giant
8122D202-7885-4836-894F-D8E0F6A957DD.jpeg (3.3 MiB) Viewed 1535 times
G16
G16
8F245CF5-43C2-47E0-8BB3-541FA24CA28D.jpeg (3.27 MiB) Viewed 1535 times
By ChefDean
Flytraps do fine clustered, those look like they'll probably be fine another season without any handling.
That being said, if you wanted to separate them, wait until Spring, just before they begin coming out of dormancy. They can take a fair amount of handling, just not too rough. Remove as much of the moss as you can and you should be able to see roughly where they'll separate. Gently pull them apart and replant them at the proper height and enjoy. If they don't separate with a little pressure, leave them be.
VFT's generally bounce back quickly from a repot, but doing it right before they wake up will greatly reduce that stress.
Panman liked this
By Eventerminator
The best time to do repots is around late winter to early spring. When repotting you squeeze the sides of the pots to loosen the soil and then tip it over.

Now just seperate the plants and put them into new pots!
tommyr liked this

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!