FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello all,

I will be moving all my indoor plants to my garage which isn't insulated. It will get around 40 degrees in there this winter and I will line the grow box with aluminum foil and keep the light partially closer in order to retain heat.

But just a quick question, would I also need an adjustable seedling heat pad in there (even though there are no seedlings)? Not sure if there are any alternatives and I don't wanna spend 30 bucks to keep my plants warm for the next few months.

If there are alternatives though, I'd love to know. All opinions/ replies are greatly appreciated.
Thanks and happy growing,
Max
By ChefDean
By indoor plants, I'm assuming you mean carnivorous plants and not houseplants. Are they temperates? Do they need a dormancy? If they need a dormancy, no heat mat, no light necessary even. You want them to stay cool to stay asleep. 40°F is perfect.
If they don't need a dormancy, leave them where they are, don't put them in the garage.
By MaxVft
ChefDean wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:23 am By indoor plants, I'm assuming you mean carnivorous plants and not houseplants. Are they temperates? Do they need a dormancy? If they need a dormancy, no heat mat, no light necessary even. You want them to stay cool to stay asleep. 40°F is perfect.
If they don't need a dormancy, leave them where they are, don't put them in the garage.
Oops, forgot about this thread...

They are tropical CPs. My temperates are currently asleep outside.
By MaxVft
Alright, thanks guys! Probably gonna buy the mat @Sarracenia2004 recommended.
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!