FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By stefano28091979
I keep asking you questions because I love it and I want to do everything to prevent it from dying ... The humidity is constant between 80 and 90/95% throughout the day, can it be fine or should I change it?
And as a temperature, so I give you as much information as possible, it is for 12 hours during the day at 75 and for the other 12 hours at night at 54.
What do you think?
By Rammplins
Temps and humidity sound perfect, just let him be and new growth should be fine. It seems like the pitcher was just aborted due to either shipping stress (i dont know how long ago you got it) or stress from changing its location/lighting.
By specialkayme
I generally shoot for lower humidity during the day, and higher humidity at night. Something like 70% daytime, 95% night time. If you can swing it. The reason why I do that is because I find it challenging to maintain good air circulation AND high humidity. So targeting a little lower daytime humidity, with higher temps and a fan circulating, gets fresh air moving. Then bumping up humidity at night, with lower temps, and less air movement. Has worked well for me.

Ideally if you could have higher temps (68-75 degrees) AND higher humidity (85-90%) AND good air circulation during the day, I'd do that. Just not possible given my ambient temps and location.
By stefano28091979
Thanks so much guys, you are great.
The seedling is about a month old.
Now I will put all your advice into practice.
Now remains the last purchase and I rely on you.
What light should I take to complete my grow box at its best?
By stefano28091979
I am very glad that it is nothing serious.
For the boys lights I would be oriented towards Yescom given the few watts they consume but white are not found on the internet, other colors can be fine the same? I found them available in red / blue or red / blue / orange / white.
However I rely on you for the final advice before a purchase as soon as possible.
By specialkayme
stefano28091979 wrote: However I rely on you for the final advice before a purchase as soon as possible.
Look for what fits your space the best, then compare light outputs (mainly PPFD). Carnivero has a good guide to grow lights (https://www.carnivero.com/pages/ultimat ... row-lights). Read up on it, then compare manufacturers. Some of your Chinese "knock off" brands don't publish some of their important metrics, so you have to weed through some things.

I did the above, and ultimately found out there wasn't that much performance difference between the various brands.

YMMV though.

Ultimately, no one can tell you what to buy. Best advice I can give you (from post #392131):
specialkayme wrote: But honestly, I don't think I would have been disappointed with any of the above.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!