FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nimpa
Hello! this might be a stupid question but I thought I should make sure since I don't want to loose another plant

I live in tropical area (SEA specifically Indonesia) and I have a very small Nepenthes globosa it's been raining heavily 4-8 hours everyday and probably will be for the rest of the year, is it ok to keep them outside or will it be too soggy and they will get root rot? should I put them outside when its sunny and inside at night when its raining? Or is it fine just leaving them be?
Panman liked this
By Supercazzola
What kind of container do you have it in? I would think if it was in a net pot with long fiber sphagnum moss and perlite, it may be better than if it was in a pot without drainage in peatmoss mix. But allowing it to dry a bit between rains would probably be best.
specialkayme liked this
By Nimpa
Supercazzola wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:55 pm But allowing it to dry a bit between rains would probably be best.
would just letting it in the sun from morning to afternoon be sufficient or should I being it inside?
By Supercazzola
It really depends if the media stays wet or not. If getting sun each morning is enough to stop it from staying with the roots wet every moment, I would think it is much better outside than inside. Do you have a covered area that would allow morning sun, but protect it from the strong rain ?
Apollyon liked this

I'm planning on converting my current 2'x4' into[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!