FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By VFTNoob
I have my flytrap set up in the backyard of a 2 story house. As the photoperiod decreases, the sun begins to shine less into my north-facing garden.

I move my tables back as far as I can, but this year I have a 3rd table. No space for it next to the other 2 so it's gone from getting around 8 hours of direct sun to 4 within just a month.

I'm in zone 9 so temps are still in the upper 70s with lows in the 50s. I'm worried the drastic decrease in light will be harmful to the plants. I'm beginning to see signs of dormancy, but there is still a lot of active growth right now.

Last year during dormancy, my set up only got 2 hours of morning sun and 2 hours in the evening because of the shape of the house. They did fine, but it wasn't until late December that they were getting so little light.

Anyone else deal with this? Am I worrying for no reason?
By Eventerminator
I think your Venus flytrap will be fine. I don't have the same dormancy conditions as you but I don't believe Venus flytraps need as much sun during their dormancy, since active growth should be slowing down. Some light would still be helpful though
VFTNoob liked this

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!