FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By msarro
Hey everyone!

I am new to the hobby. I originally got started with two sundews, a capensis and a spatulata, to help control fungus gnats. I then tried to hunt down a butterwort, and the seller kindly sent me about 10 extra assorted plants to help me get started. I have tons of questions!

I'm still learning! I primarily had been growing orchids before this, and some other odd plants like mimosa pudica. I'm excited to learn with you all. Cheers!
By Cross
Lol orchids. I keep killing mine lol. Where are you in PA? I'm in nepa, wilkes barre area.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

msarro liked this
By evenwind
Welcome! There's a lot of us here who started out with gnatty orchids.
msarro liked this
By septembersapphire21
msarro wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:29 pm Hey everyone!

I am new to the hobby. I originally got started with two sundews, a capensis and a spatulata, to help control fungus gnats. I then tried to hunt down a butterwort, and the seller kindly sent me about 10 extra assorted plants to help me get started. I have tons of questions!

I'm still learning! I primarily had been growing orchids before this, and some other odd plants like mimosa pudica. I'm excited to learn with you all. Cheers!
Hi! Sorry for not seeing this until like now LOL! Welcome to the forum! I'm also new too to CPs, as of now I have four VFTs and a Nepenthes Ventrata (All are rescues from Lowes). My goal is to learn more about Sundews and Cobra Lilies, and also own my first Cobra Lily next year! I'm also in PA too, I'll say I live in Schuylkill County :D
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!