FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all,

My B52 I got late in the summer randomly started sprouting hitchhiker sundews all over the place! Every day I check on the plant, there's more and more little sundews.

Normally, I'd just leave them alone and let them grow bigger before repotting them, but since here in Georgia it's now Fall and starting to get colder every day, I'm not sure if I should try and repot them now?

My B52 is in LFSM, and the sundews are like growing on the surface of the LFSM. I played around a bit and with tweezers I can pluck the strands of LFSM up with the sundews still attached to them. I do have some spare LFSM lying around as well.

When do you guys think is best to replant them, or is there any good way of doing it? Thanks!

By MaxVft
Looks like some sundew seeds got into the pot.
They could be temperate but it is unlikely.
I would suggest repotting them with something like a toothpick. If they don't survive then they won't survive, it's just the circle of life lol :lol:
Nikson liked this
By Apollyon
Pair of small curved forceps makes that kinda work a lot easier. It'll pop out with next to no resistance anyway. you could probably pinch the surrounding media and take it out by hand if you're careful honestly
Nikson liked this
By Nikson
Apollyon wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:33 pm Pair of small curved forceps makes that kinda work a lot easier. It'll pop out with next to no resistance anyway. you could probably pinch the surrounding media and take it out by hand if you're careful honestly
I do have a pair of curved forceps, might give that a shot!

Do I just get a container, fill it with damp LFSM, and just lie them on the top layer and leave them alone under my grow light? I have some plastic tubs, no holes on the bottom for drainage, but I guess with the seedlings this small it doesn't really matter and I'd only have to keep the medium moist for them to grow?
By Apollyon
You could do that if you wanted. May be easier to bag them if you do that to keep the moisture in the container or if you're vigilant you could just water it when needed. Most likely will end up being a type that doesn't mind water
Nikson liked this
By Nikson
Update: The sundews got big enough for me to move them without hurting them, so I filled up a plastic pot I had that has holes on the bottom, layered it with some LFSM, and pulled out the strands of LFSM they were latched to and wiggled them into place in their new home. Put them under my Yescom 225, and now hope they'll grow up big and strong over the winter indoors!

Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!