I'm finding that I'm in a little pickle, and am considering spreading some seeds out in dropping them. Your thoughts?
We have more than a few nice seeds in (right now I have seven different varieties) some seeds that have made a full circle (they went out from the seed bank a couple years ago, germinated, grew, set seed, and got donated back), I just harvested another Sarr, I received some Sarr seeds from Xanthoparmelia that I can make a pack to put in the bank (he must have slipped packing them up, accidentally dropping a few extra in), and I have recently received word of even more coming in (at least three more varieties). So, in light of just the number of different ones, I'm thinking I should hold some for a December drop rather than a big November drop.
Most are temperate, so a December drop will still give time for an outdoor stratification if you desire, and will give everyone a better chance at scoring a couple nice ones instead of pulling their hair out trying to decide which one of ten to request.
Another option is to split multiple packs, but there aren't many of those.
Either way, most of them will have the 48 hour donor restriction, so that's another thing to consider.
Take care friends,