FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
Good evening friends.
I have received one of the donations that I was told may be coming, and I was going to wait until the 1st of November to post them. However, I was notified by the donor that one part of his donation has some specific requirements.
While it is not tuberous drosera, it is strongly suggested that a hot strat is a good thing for these dews, so these will get listed tomorrow in hopes that there may be a good chance to naturally hot strat them for best results while they're fresh. Of course, you could always hot strat them with heat pads as some parts of the country are already seeing snow, but I have no experience with heat pad stratification.
These seeds will be offered with a 48 hour, donors only restriction, so please take into account the hot strat suggestions if you are thinking of requesting these.
Take care,
Chef

Edit: In doing research on these, I've found numerous references to them being tuberous due to their germination requirements and growth patterns. But I've also found references to them being non tuberous as far as growing tubers over summer, more like a fleshy root cluster or rhizome.
Either way, the mature plants are very pretty, and, being fresh seeds, you should get some good results.
MaxVft, Shadowtski, Panman and 1 others liked this
Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!