FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By PitcherPlanter
I am looking for some very rare and weird VTFs. I am looking for VTF "waky traps", double trapped, 'cudo', "fuzed tooth"and other strange ones. They do not have to be in the us and they could be shops/websites to buy them.
Last edited by PitcherPlanter on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Matt
You can order "Cudo" from bestcarnivorousplants.com

I thought you could get 'Wacky Traps' from Trev Cox's VFTshop.com, but I can't seem to find it there. Also, he doesn't ship to the US.

I've never seen a Double Trapped plant that is stable. Have you seen this plant being traded? I think a double trap on a VFT is just an anomaly.

"Fused Tooth" can be found in the US from several people. David Conner of connerscarnivores.com has them.
By PitcherPlanter
thanks that helped a little..... At VFT SHOP on gallery II i saw the double trapped VFTs and realy cool ones too. I was hooked! Than i reead they don't sell to the US. :(
By Matt
PitcherPlanter wrote:thanks that helped a little..... At VFT SHOP on gallery II i saw the double trapped VFTs and realy cool ones too. I was hooked! Than i reead they don't sell to the US. :(
Yeah, Trev won't ship to the US. Also, those double traps are just freaks and that characteristic isn't stable. If you grow enough VFTs, you'll see a double trapped leaf from time to time.
By kittyklaws
carnivorousplantnursery.com had double trap VFTs but I believe they're sold out for hte season, sorry :( better luck next time, I hope you find what you're looking for :)
By Steve_D
Yeah, the double-traps are a fairly frequent anomaly, not a stable characteristic. Here's a partial double-trap I had last year--

I also had another leaf on a Big Vigorous Flytrap last year in which the petiole (lower part of the leaf) separated in half, and each of the two halves continued to grow and mature and each developed two traps side by side for a total of 4 traps on one leaf. That was the first time I had seen that.

Steve
By kittyklaws
:shock: wow, that is so awsome!
By renesis
PitcherPlanter wrote:If you took the mutated leaf and leaf cultured it would the whole plant have the same characteristics as the trap or no?
No, you wouldn't.

Every cell in the plant has the exact same DNA map as the rest of the plant. It would only exhibit that specific trait under certain conditions.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!