FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
CPhunter101 wrote: A lot of nepenthes people here! It makes me wonder if nepenthes are a dominant favorite in this forum...
Someone should really make a survey for the most favorited genus.
That's a great idea!

Also kinda ironic how Neps are a favorite on a forum that is literally self-centered on VFTs, lol :lol:
By CPhunter101
MaxVft wrote:Also kinda ironic how Neps are a favorite on a forum that is literally self-centered on VFTs, lol
I was going to say that, but I didn't want to offend any Flytrap guys!
I love neps because of their complexity, colors, textures, beauty, and general hunger for pesky flies + ants. :D
By MaxVft
Just recieved my medium Carnivero order.

Packaging was decent, got it all potted up and put into a bag. The plant itself was approximately 3 inches in diameter, which should've been expected with the size of plants they ship(sorry for bad Pic lol :D ).
20211002_191029.jpg
20211002_191029.jpg (844.67 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
It came with 3 nice large, healthy pitchers. The plant looks like it was grown in extremely low light, as only the peristomes and hoods show a bit of red but the rest of the pitchers were very pale-white.

Other than that, pretty decent! I'd probably rate them 3.5 out of 5 stars.
By Apollyon
Looks great. I noticed when I take a plant about that size and put it in a 4 inch pot, it jumps in growth pretty quickly. If you do, just make a pot sized hole and slip the entire media plug in a larger container and you won't really upset the roots. Hybrids will always grow faster. Keep it fed or fertilized and I think you'll be surprised at how fast it will grow. Good luck!
MaxVft liked this
By MaxVft
Apollyon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:24 am Looks great. I noticed when I take a plant about that size and put it in a 4 inch pot, it jumps in growth pretty quickly. If you do, just make a pot sized hole and slip the entire media plug in a larger container and you won't really upset the roots. Hybrids will always grow faster. Keep it fed or fertilized and I think you'll be surprised at how fast it will grow. Good luck!
Yeah I would've given it a bigger pot but it came with a 3-incher with soil so I just decided to use that instead.

I have a bit of hope for this one, but I have another hybrid( Lowii x Vent Red) and it's SUPER slow growing, by far the slowest growing plant in my collection. It hasn't even finished developing its baby 1/8 inch pitcher(which, for reference, has been developing for over a month)!

But hopefully this one'll grow a bit faster. I got hope :D
By Apollyon
If you're talking about x Briggsiana just give it a little time. I also have that cross and it grows at a steady pace. Neps are pretty slow, I only have one that grows at a ridiculous rate and it has been crossed so many times I couldn't remember to save my life :lol:
By MaxVft
Lol yes it's a Briggsiana, just gotta get used to the immense slowness if Neps :)
Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!