FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By septembersapphire21
I rather not buy cobra lily seeds since I don't know much on propagation and I don't have the room to raise more than one plant if I got a packet of seeds. If anyone here or someone you know sells live cobra lily plants that'll be great! I'm planning on getting one next year before spring.
By MaxVft
Cook's Carnivorous plants(www.flytraps.com)has 3 different varieties in different sizes for like 20 bucks apiece.

www.flytrapstore.com also currently has a rare red variety but they're like 100 bucks apiece, but they also have seeds for 11 bucks.

Mike Wang has a few varieties also for sale, ranging from $35 to $100. In order to buy from him you have to contact meizzwang@gmail.com .
https://sarracenia.proboards.com/thread ... ollTo=2044
Last edited by MaxVft on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Apollyon
Maybe @Nepenthes0260 has Darlingtonia, he was growing hundreds at one point. I actually bought seeds from him and they germinated great. Better to get a plant anyway because the seedlings take forever. Mine are a year old and they are about maybe 1.5 inches across. However, I would definitely do some research on Darlingtonia and have a plan, especially with more mature plants because they're less forgiving.
By Nepenthes0260
I should have some soon. Just waiting for them to get their first mature pitchers. From the same seed batch Apollyon got, so just a year old right now. Should be around $15 each when they’re ready (my guess is a few months- they grow fairly quick with regular maxsea feeding!)
Attachments:
Darlingtonia babies
Darlingtonia babies
23A52F55-186A-426D-A03F-2EAD522B597C.jpeg (5.54 MiB) Viewed 6458 times
By Apollyon
impressive to get all those in cell sheets lol. I only planted half and got 3 out of 5-6 which was alright. I'm looking forward to being able to fill pitchers but I've been doing weekly maxsea. I'd say my largest one is slightly bigger than your average size in there. gonna need to clip back the sphagnum :lol:
By septembersapphire21
MaxVft wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:36 am Cook's Carnivorous plants(www.flytraps.com)has 3 different varieties in different sizes for like 20 bucks apiece.

www.flytrapstore.com also currently has a rare red variety but they're like 100 bucks apiece, but they also have seeds for 11 bucks.

Mike Wang has a few varieties also for sale, ranging from $35 to $100. In order to buy from him you have to contact meizzwang@gmail.com .
https://sarracenia.proboards.com/thread ... ollTo=2044
I looked into the websites before replying to you. Thank you so much for the info! I'll consider one of these when I'm ready to get a cobra lily :D
By septembersapphire21
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:24 pm I should have some soon. Just waiting for them to get their first mature pitchers. From the same seed batch Apollyon got, so just a year old right now. Should be around $15 each when they’re ready (my guess is a few months- they grow fairly quick with regular maxsea feeding!)
Look at all those cobra lilies, so magnificent! :shock: :D What are your payment options and how do you ship them?
By septembersapphire21
Apollyon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:38 am Maybe @Nepenthes0260 has Darlingtonia, he was growing hundreds at one point. I actually bought seeds from him and they germinated great. Better to get a plant anyway because the seedlings take forever. Mine are a year old and they are about maybe 1.5 inches across. However, I would definitely do some research on Darlingtonia and have a plan, especially with more mature plants because they're less forgiving.
I do prefer on getting a plant than seeds, I would not only have to wait for a long for them to be big and full grown, I would have too many. One plant is fine for me :lol: And I've been doing a ton of research on them since they are very picky such as their roots need to be cool at all times. I should have a plan ready right before I buy one. ;)
By Apollyon
Well I'm sure it'll be better than mine lol. Indoors until Winter (for dormancy) since the heat will kill them off. It's like D. Regia, keep it under 80 degrees and the plant does fine. I think the Ice water bit is excessive and I can't see it being actually workable but people do it. Guy I know made something he called a "Triple Zeer Pot" and he had a video on youtube. At this point you could probably google it. It's a neat idea. Check it out, it may help
By Panman
I tried out the Zeer pot. I made it up to August and then the plant gave up the ghost. I did get a stolon cutting that I rooted indoors so it will probably stay indoors all summer.
By Apollyon
True, the guy lives in New York. I think in climates like ours, the temperature in the summer is just too intense :/
Panman liked this
By Nepenthes0260
septembersapphire21 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:53 pm
Nepenthes0260 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:24 pm I should have some soon. Just waiting for them to get their first mature pitchers. From the same seed batch Apollyon got, so just a year old right now. Should be around $15 each when they’re ready (my guess is a few months- they grow fairly quick with regular maxsea feeding!)
Look at all those cobra lilies, so magnificent! :shock: :D What are your payment options and how do you ship them?
Thanks! I do payment via PayPal friends and fam (or add an extra 3% for G&S) and ship for $9 extra via usps priority mail. Here’s my current full sales list for other plants-nepenthes0260-s-sales-list-updated-9-4-21-t51895.html
By Panman
Apollyon wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:09 am True, the guy lives in New York. I think in climates like ours, the temperature in the summer is just too intense :/
They should do well there.
By septembersapphire21
Apollyon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:38 pm Well I'm sure it'll be better than mine lol. Indoors until Winter (for dormancy) since the heat will kill them off. It's like D. Regia, keep it under 80 degrees and the plant does fine. I think the Ice water bit is excessive and I can't see it being actually workable but people do it. Guy I know made something he called a "Triple Zeer Pot" and he had a video on youtube. At this point you could probably google it. It's a neat idea. Check it out, it may help
That sounds interesting, I'll definitely check it. Thanks!

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!