FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By albertoburrito
My capes are about an inch under the light, and my ventrata is reaching out and taking up a lot of space. I can’t get another light anytime soon. What should I do?
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 3379 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 3379 times
By Apollyon
Looking at it, I have a couple of ideas. The easiest one (One I'd go with) would be to just put some books under the legs to raise the lights when it is necessary until you can get something better. If you absolutely *had to,* you could replant the capes in a shorter pot but it won't like it that much and would probably stop growing larger. Taller pots will get you larger plants.

As far as the Nep goes, that's just kind of what they do. They are not small plants. On my rack, I have room for 9 Neps that aren't even close to full size. It just kinda comes with the territory. Acclimate it around a window I suppose. Could get a 4 shelf baker's rack and just have 2 shelves like I did. mount lights to it. It'll solve both of your problems and take up about 3-4 feet

Funny you said that about them being unkillable. I put some seedlings out in the sun out here because I didn't want to just toss them (sympathic I guess) so I gave them a fighting chance. Surprisingly they're not dead yet.
By albertoburrito
It is getting cooler in az, so maybe they can go outside, but that will only be temporary
By Nepenthes0260
I’d recommend upgrading to a larger grow area. These lights I’ve started trying out have been amazing with enough output to light 8 square feet. https://www.ebay.com/itm/352967072527?e ... %3A2334524
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!