FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Pumpkinrab88
Ohh I thought only the sarracenias seeds are level required.
Besides the maxsea and sarracenias seeds, do we only have mixed capensis for bonus? I’ve got the mixed capensis for last month so thinking of getting something else.

If I donate some drosera binata seeds, would that make me eligible for maxsea or other bonus?
By CPhunter101
Pupmkinrab88 wrote:If I donate some drosera binata seeds, would that make me eligible for maxsea or other bonus?
Well, yes. I think that's how the seed bank works because it says "Or any donor".
Although, I beleive the seeds must reach the seed bank before the request is confirmed by the seed bank manager (aka ChefDean).
By ChefDean
Pupmkinrab88 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:46 am Ohh I thought only the sarracenias seeds are level required.
Besides the maxsea and sarracenias seeds, do we only have mixed capensis for bonus? I’ve got the mixed capensis for last month so thinking of getting something else.

If I donate some drosera binata seeds, would that make me eligible for maxsea or other bonus?
Yes it would. If you wanted to donate, just send them with the SASE. We'll leave your request as is pending the incoming donation.
Honestly, I don't think the Maxsea is a big deal, we just want people to look around, ask questions, and learn safe ways to use it before trying it due to how easy it can be to overdo it and harm your plants. Then we all have to shake our heads, cluck our tongues, and reply to the inevitable thread titled, "EMERGENCY! I think I overdid the fertilizer, help me save my plants!".
Apollyon liked this
By Pumpkinrab88
LOL understando!
I honestly never tried it before so I will definitely read the instruction first. Hopefully I don’t kill my pinguicula with it.
I’ll send the seeds together with the SASE. :D
By ChefDean
Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for them, maybe early next week.
As to the Maxsea, there's no instructions with it, just enough to add to 1 gallon of distilled water. Then lightly foliar feed dews, pings, VFT's, and small Sarrs every two weeks. A little 2 oz spray bottle you can get from Amazon works great.
For bigger Sarrs and Neps, fill a pitcher or two every couple of weeks. A small syringe works good for that. Ask your grocery store pharmacy for one, probably 5 ml. Say your brother just had his wisdom teeth out and they'll usually give you one without any questions.
By Panman
You can also get the syringes with needles without a sharp point at the craft store. They are used for glue and beads. I think I got 4 for 3 dollars.
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
Pupmkinrab88 wrote:LOL understando!
I honestly never tried it before so I will definitely read the instruction first. Hopefully I don’t kill my pinguicula with it.
I’ll send the seeds together with the SASE. :D
I use a fine mist bottle from Amazon when it comes to fertilizing pings and cephalotus. I actually have burnt a crown by overdoing it. Start small with 1/4 tsp per gallon. Factors from different growing conditions can make a BIG difference in what you can get away with.
By Pumpkinrab88
Thanks for everyone’s suggestions above!! It’s really helpful for a newbie like me haha.

@dean there is a delay on my end but I’ve sent the seeds. One is binata and the other is byblis. Pls keep an eye out for them next week :D
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!