FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Damn that sucks, I just did a Medium order from them for like 20 bucks so we'll see how that goes... I might get the smallest Nep I've ever seen or get twice-the-size pitchers. We'll see.
By CPhunter101
MaxVft wrote:I might get the smallest Nep I've ever seen or get twice-the-size pitchers.
You should've gone with Cook's! :lol:
At least you know that for whatever price you pay, it'll be at least 3 inches.
Now that I'm hearing all this talk about Carnivero, I'm seriously reconsidering a future purchase...
By Apollyon
Haha but the little guy has heart. My Naga was pretty small like that. It grows much slower than Veitchii does though. I had one of their SG small veitchii crosses (different veitchii clones) and it grew faster than I expected it to. Do you fertilize it at all?
By MaxVft
CPhunter101 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:05 am
MaxVft wrote:I might get the smallest Nep I've ever seen or get twice-the-size pitchers.
You should've gone with Cook's! :lol:
At least you know that for whatever price you pay, it'll be at least 3 inches.
Now that I'm hearing all this talk about Carnivero, I'm seriously reconsidering a future purchase...
Its OK, no need to panic!

I am still buying another cheap Nep from Cook's, just to compare the quality of the plants :D
By CPhunter101
MaxVft wrote:I am still buying another cheap Nep from Cook's, just to compare the quality of the plants
I'll be interested in the results of this comparison!
When ordering CPs, I feel like it's best to order from one seller at a time (bulk ordering).
It costs $30 total for shipping flat rate from 2 sellers in which $15 could've been spent on a small-medium nep...
Just a tip.
By MaxVft
CPhunter101 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:04 am
MaxVft wrote:I am still buying another cheap Nep from Cook's, just to compare the quality of the plants
I'll be interested in the results of this comparison!
When ordering CPs, I feel like it's best to order from one seller at a time (bulk ordering).
It costs $30 total for shipping flat rate from 2 sellers in which $15 could've been spent on a small-medium nep...
Just a tip.
I would've done that if I had more experience getting them online, I am just doing this to get a general reference of who to buy from.
By CPhunter101
MaxVft wrote:I would've done that if I had more experience getting them online, I am just doing this to get a general reference of who to buy from.
That makes sense. :)
Thanks for conducting the experiment!
By Nocturne
Apollyon wrote:Haha but the little guy has heart. My Naga was pretty small like that. It grows much slower than Veitchii does though. I had one of their SG small veitchii crosses (different veitchii clones) and it grew faster than I expected it to. Do you fertilize it at all?
Yeah the slower growing ones tend to come in tiny sizes, just what i wanted Image
but still laughed in despair when i saw the Mollis they sent me lol. At tiny size i do try to squeeze in a drop of liquid fertilizer in the mini pitcher once in a while but generally don’t feed till the leaf has the size of my thumbnail. Small leaf jump still visible.
(Photo 1: Veitchii the wave, photo 2: tiny ass mollis)Image
By MaxVft
Dang....

And you spent 100 bucks(which is what it's listed as on carnivero)on that.... that.....
Guess you just deal with what you deal with.
By Apollyon
MaxVft wrote:Dang....

And you spent 100 bucks(which is what it's listed as on carnivero)on that.... that.....
Oftentimes they just grow so slowly (especially species) so they'd need to hold onto the plants for a couple years. When I think about it like that, it's easier to deal with the price :/ Ironically though, one of my favorites is Rafflesiana and at the time I paid 30 bucks for it.
MaxVft liked this
By Nocturne
Apollyon wrote:
MaxVft wrote:Dang....

Oftentimes they just grow so slowly (especially species) so they'd need to hold onto the plants for a couple years. When I think about it like that, it's easier to deal with the price :/ Ironically though, one of my favorites is Rafflesiana and at the time I paid 30 bucks for it.
I feel that i got a Northiana(Top 5 most beautiful for me) for 30 bucks and it arrived at 4-5inches
By MaxVft
Already 43(not counting this post)posts on this thread within the time period of a few days! Looks like the key words 'Nepenthes' and 'Online' are really popular with CP'ers :D
By CPhunter101
MaxVft wrote:Looks like the key words 'Nepenthes' and 'Online' are really popular with CP'ers
A lot of nepenthes people here! It makes me wonder if nepenthes are a dominant favorite in this forum...
Someone should really make a survey for the most favorited genus.
MaxVft liked this
1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I r[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Looking for a Cephalotus

A guy in a plant club I'm in said he had some Nepe[…]

AI Generated Nepenthes

Hey look, it's those oddly neon bonsai seeds for s[…]

Gemmae

I suspect maxsea residue as the culprit on mine.[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!