FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

User avatar
By CPhunter101
Location: 
Posts:  496
Joined:  Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:30 pm
#388714
JaneCP wrote:Pinguicula acuminata?
Yup, that's correct! This was a hard one. :P
I'll leave Panman or JaneCP with the permission to create another round of guessing.
User avatar
By JaneCP
Location: 
Posts:  56
Joined:  Sun May 02, 2021 3:13 am
#388717
Yay! Thank you google-search :lol:

So here is my hint for the next species:
This tropical carnivorous plant can be found in South America. It can produce purplish lines on it's leaves that look like veins. It's part of the largest genus of carnivorous plants with over 200 species!
MaxVft liked this
User avatar
By JaneCP
Location: 
Posts:  56
Joined:  Sun May 02, 2021 3:13 am
#388730
Berrybob wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:21 pm Utricularia Calcyfida?
ooooh sooo close! it's Utricularia calyCIfida.... haha jk, you got it!
On the first try too, nice!
I'll pass it off to you now, Berrybob~
Berrybob liked this
User avatar
By Panman
Location: 
Posts:  2246
Joined:  Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
#388731
JaneCP wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:08 pm
Berrybob wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:21 pm Utricularia Calcyfida?
ooooh sooo close! it's Utricularia calyCIfida.... haha jk, you got it!
On the first try too, nice!
I'll pass it off to you now, Berrybob~
I had a guy on Facebook troll me because I typed spathulata instead of spatulata. I quit commenting on Facebook now.
MaxVft, Berrybob liked this
User avatar
By ChefDean
Location: 
Posts:  4015
Joined:  Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:44 am
#388734
Panman wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:41 pmI had a guy on Facebook troll me because I typed spathulata instead of spatulata. I quit commenting on Facebook now.
Spathulata? What a looser! :lol:
MaxVft, Panman, Berrybob liked this
User avatar
By Berrybob
Posts:  374
Joined:  Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:42 am
#388738
This species is native to Australia and when its flowers can range through different shades of pink. I don't currently have anything to give away, so no pressure.
User avatar
By Nepenthes0260
Posts:  1289
Joined:  Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:59 am
#388763
Panman wrote:
JaneCP wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:08 pm
Berrybob wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:21 pm Utricularia Calcyfida?
ooooh sooo close! it's Utricularia calyCIfida.... haha jk, you got it!
On the first try too, nice!
I'll pass it off to you now, Berrybob~
I had a guy on Facebook troll me because I typed spathulata instead of spatulata. I quit commenting on Facebook now.
OMG, I just realized that it was spelled spatulata :?

And to think, I've been calling it "spathulata" for all these years :lol:
MaxVft liked this
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
Assistance please.

What light meter do you have? The cheaper ones are[…]

Hey everyone, this morning I was watering my flytr[…]

I can personally tell you the U02- U. minutissima […]

Black bits

When you say worms, do you mean earthworms, or ins[…]

1020 white trays

Bootstrap farmer makes some good stuff. Wish I cou[…]

Nepenthes seedlings

True, the species I grew took about 3 months befor[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!