FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By BugBiters
The babies are getting big and now I have to thin them out :( I'm happy to provide more info/pics of anyone on request. For some photos, I stood them up on a pot to get a better photo of a the pitchers, but the top-down view pictures are all flat on the table to prevent too much perspective distortion with the ruler.

N. chaniana x veitchii $30 - cute little windowsill candidate just starting to develop thick stripes
ImageImage
N. spectabilis 'Giant' x veitchii 'Bareo' $40 - gorgeous shape, fast grower, and starting to get beautiful striping
ImageImageImage
N. veitchii 'Bareo' $80 - could stripe up, might not, but will be a great plant for anyone who likes SUPER squat veitchii
ImageImageImage
N. smilesii x platychila $55 - I hope I keep getting updates on this one because it could turn out amazing. Great spotting, striping, and the shape of the pitcher is just starting to 'hunch'.
ImageImage
N. spathulata x veitchii $30 - came to me munched in shipping but is now regrown and pitchering up
ImageImage
N. robycantlei (aristolochoides x spectabilis)$20 - Slight discount on this one just because , even though it seems healthy, it hasn't grown an inch for me. I think it would prefer a true highland environment over intermediate. GORGEOUS pitchers.
ImageImageImage
N. [(lowii veitchii) x boschiana] x mira $25 - seed-grown, most vigorous of 4 siblings with bright pink pitchers
N. glandulifera x (lowii x truncata) giant $40 - no idea what this one will look like but has pretty rainbow leaves so far
[img]blob:https://imgur.com/e929b0a3-d3bc-4589-8074-2e68f21ba97d[/img]
N. maxima x clipeata $35 - fluffy, vigorous seed-grown plant with speckled pitchers so far. Wont be sad to keep this one a little longer.
ImageImage

All orders will be shipped bare root (wrapped in sphaghnum), insulated, and by USPS priority mail. Trying to calculate shipping accurately for all of the different sized plants was a bit of a headache so I'm going to say $20 for shipping the first plant, and $5 for each additional plant in the same box (I may be able to lower this further if you're only interested in small plants). I will refund or replace DOA deliveries (minus shipping costs) with a photo provided within 6 hours of delivery.

I really *shouldn't* be, but open to trade offers (especially nepenthes but also pretty much any small-ish, pretty plant for my terrarium). All plants will be shipped starting 7/12 because of the holiday and risk of getting trapped the following weekend during the heatwave. All plants are being grown in intermediate conditions.
ChefDean liked this
By BugBiters
JoshDoe wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:54 pm N. robycantlei (aristolochoides x spectabilis)$20 STILL AVAILABLE> SHIPPING COST?
Sorry for the delayed reply - it is available! It has lost a pitcher since this photo but popped out a new leaf finally so it should have more soon. It's pretty small so I think I can do $10 to ship it alone, or if you want to add one of my free 'ventrata' cuttings (details below!) we can make it a $14 flat rate box. PM me if you'd like it and want me to get it out early this upcoming week. :)
By BugBiters
***While supplies last, I am including a free clump of sphagnum moss (sold to me as red but that's being very optimistic) OR a happy N. x 'ventrata' cutting from my starter plant in any box with space. Pefect add-on gift to get your friends and family hooked. :D

By BugBiters
I have to do some more investigating on how to edit posts, but the N. robycantlei (aristolochoides x spectabilis and N. [(lowii veitchii) x boschiana] x mira are sold. Everyone else is still available, and I still have freebies.
Supercazzola liked this
By BugBiters
The N. glandulifera x (lowii x truncata) -giant just gained a bunch of color and it looks like it's going to be spotty, striped, and gorgeous. Not the best photo (or pitcher - I squished it) but hopefully it's a bit visible.

By BugBiters
Supercazzola wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 am Can you make a post that lists what you still have and the price?
Sure thing! This is the current list as of 7/25:

N. chaniana x veitchii $30
N. spectabilis 'Giant' x veitchii 'Bareo' $40
N. veitchii 'Bareo' $80
N. smilesii x platychila $55
N. spathulata x veitchii $30
N. glandulifera x (lowii x truncata) - giant $40
N. maxima x clipeata $35

+ freebie ventrata or sphagnum moss

There should be photos of everyone up there already but if you'd like to see more of anyone in particular just let me know.
ChefDean, Supercazzola liked this
By BugBiters
Due to recent losses from a wildfire evacuation, this list is fully outdated :( I'll update eventually with a new sales/trade list once I have a final count of who's in good condition but in the meantime it's best to just message me.
By Do_Gon
BugBiters wrote:Due to recent losses from a wildfire evacuation, this list is fully outdated :( I'll update eventually with a new sales/trade list once I have a final count of who's in good condition but in the meantime it's best to just message me.
Damn. Sorry for your loss/losses. Glad you are alright though.
Panman, BugBiters liked this
By BugBiters
Do_Gon wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:01 pm
BugBiters wrote:Due to recent losses from a wildfire evacuation, this list is fully outdated :( I'll update eventually with a new sales/trade list once I have a final count of who's in good condition but in the meantime it's best to just message me.
Damn. Sorry for your loss/losses. Glad you are alright though.
Thank you! Me too. Things could have been much, much, MUCH worse. We had a ton of warning, didn't lose any fuzzy critters, and the house was fine in the end.

Most of the plants that got left behind were the ones that were already for sale or otherwise unimportant to me personally, and they did slightly worse on average, which is why this list was slightly decimated. Most are alive, just not in condition I'd sell at the moment (pale or damaged).
By MaxVft
BugBiters wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:46 pm
Most of the plants that got left behind were the ones that were already for sale or otherwise unimportant to me personally, and they did slightly worse on average, which is why this list was slightly decimated. Most are alive, just not in condition I'd sell at the moment (pale or damaged).
Sorry for your loss @BugBiters... RIP unique Nepenthes crosses :cry:

How did your plants die/get damaged anyways? Might be kinda stupid and obvious to ask, but was there a real-deal fire at/near your house? If so that must be scary... :oops:
BugBiters liked this
By BugBiters
MaxVft wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:02 pm Sorry for your loss @BugBiters... RIP unique Nepenthes crosses :cry:

How did your plants die/get damaged anyways? Might be kinda stupid and obvious to ask, but was there a real-deal fire at/near your house? If so that must be scary... :oops:
Thanks! Yeah, we watched it approach the house for almost 3 weeks before it stopped 3.1 miles away (thank you, firefighters!), but we had to be evacuated a little early as a precaution because we have serious bottleneck issues in our town. I brought most of my favorite plants out with me while we camped in the desert while evacuated, and most of those did fine but I did lose my candy x candy veitchii (never stick one of those in a seed tray in the desert thinking it will enjoy that! It had literally just arrived as a cutting in the mail and I was trying to be smart :roll: ). Pulling them all down from my tent walls and packing them damaged a number of them, and we had to leave behind two bins full of plants due to space constraints. I did my best to set them up in my tent but in the mayhem accidentally left my light on 24/7 too.
MaxVft liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!