FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By A Fellow Scientist
Hey guys, I've had this adelae for a couple months, but it's basically doubled in size in a month and I thought I'd share. The only difference I've made is applying some diluted MaxSea I got from the seed bank a month or so ago, so I can confidently say it works wonders!

A month ago
Adelae_8_4.jpg
Adelae_8_4.jpg (3.62 MiB) Viewed 2533 times
Today
Adelae_9_9_21_#6.1.jpg
Adelae_9_9_21_#6.1.jpg (809.91 KiB) Viewed 2533 times
By CPhunter101
A Fellow Scientist wrote:Hey guys, I've had this adelae for a couple months, but it's basically doubled in size in a month and I thought I'd share. The only difference I've made is applying some diluted MaxSea I got from the seed bank a month or so ago, so I can confidently say it works wonders!
Please tell me your secrets! I've been spraying mine with maxsea every month and it rewards me with average growth. :?
By optique
I have had really good luck with "Tetra BettaMin" pellets crushed made into a paste.
Image Image
CPhunter101 liked this
By CPhunter101
optique wrote:I have had really good luck with "Tetra BettaMin" pellets crushed made into a paste.
Interesting, I'm going have to try using fish food one day.
By A Fellow Scientist
CPhunter101 wrote:
A Fellow Scientist wrote:Hey guys, I've had this adelae for a couple months, but it's basically doubled in size in a month and I thought I'd share. The only difference I've made is applying some diluted MaxSea I got from the seed bank a month or so ago, so I can confidently say it works wonders!
Please tell me your secrets! I've been spraying mine with maxsea every month and it rewards me with average growth. :?
Right now mine is in my room with a cheap grow light and a bit of sunlight through the window. For now I've just been using a thin syringe with a blunt tip and applying the diluted maxsea to most of the leaves every week or so. I might end up overfertilizing it eventually, but so far it seems to love it. The only other thing I can think is maybe it finally acclimated and is hitting its stride.

Hope this helps you out!
CPhunter101 liked this
By CPhunter101
A Fellow Scientist wrote: For now I've just been using a thin syringe with a blunt tip and applying the diluted maxsea to most of the leaves every week or so.
That's funny considering that most growers talk about how D. Adelae is supposedly sensitive to fertilizers.
I usually only fertilize once a month, I'm going to try fertilizing more frequently.
Thanks for the advice!
A Fellow Scientist liked this
Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!