FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By Nocturne
MaxVft wrote:
Nocturne wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:01 pm Nothing compared to the flytraps posted above but here we go…newly propagated 6 months young akai ryu. Always excited for a post like this cant wait to check out more plants from you guys cheers!
There was no pic inserted, I think the link broke :? ?
Yep reposted the pic below lol
MaxVft liked this
By Nepenthes0260
An insanely furry rosette of a seed grown D. aff. ordensis "very wide leaf" (Kingston Rest, the Kimberley)
Attachments:
IMG_7047.jpg
IMG_7047.jpg (3.29 MiB) Viewed 4374 times
ChefDean, Panman, Ewreck and 5 others liked this
By Panman
I am super excited to announce that we have nailed down the prize for this month's contest. To celebrate the Flytrap Store's thirteenth anniversary, @Matt is offering up a plant from his personal collection. This month's winner will receive a Sarracenia alabamensis!
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (41.19 KiB) Viewed 4338 times
Image courtesyof Meadowview Biological Research Station

For those of you who don't know, S. alabamensis is on the endangered species list and it is not legal to be sold across state lines. The only way to get one is to find it for sale in your state, drive to another state to get one, or win one in a contest. I was lucky enough to get mine that way and I am excited that someone else will be able to grow this relatively unknown pitcher plant.
MaxVft, Nepenthes0260, Ewreck and 4 others liked this
By Apollyon
Wanted to share this pic I got last night as I was fertilizing my CPs. The Frogs found a nice haven out there with my Sundews/Sarracenia and survived up to the point where they developed. Got a picture of this tiny guy (still translucent in the body) just hangin out for a photo op on one of my flava.
ChefDean, Panman, Ewreck and 2 others liked this
By tracieh
This is my favorite plant in my collection- bascially because I've kept it alive for close to two years now. I am scared of dormancy and know I have to put her outside next year but for now she's happy seemingly happy under my grow lights.
Attachments:
darlingtonia.jpg
darlingtonia.jpg (123.44 KiB) Viewed 4278 times
Panman, Ewreck, ChefDean and 4 others liked this
By Apollyon
That's awesome. I have some I grew from seed last year and they're still very small :lol:. Honestly surprised they're still alive. These and Heliamphora grow soooo slowly.
Panman, tracieh liked this
By MaxVft
MikeB wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:08 pm My 14-inch / 35-centimeter pot of Low Giants.
Is that a submission or just a comment? Because(not to be obvious and/or a party pooper :mrgreen: ), you can't have 2 submissions in one contest.
By ChefDean
MikeB wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:08 pm My 14-inch / 35-centimeter pot of Low Giants.
Low Giants.jpg
They aren't looking particularly giant at the moment because they're on the mend. I should have repotted them last year; the soil went sour, and they were pitiful this spring. After some fresh soil and a little TLC, they're looking much better.
It seems that MikeB just repped himself out of the contest with a second submission. But, I'm not the arbiter of the thread, so it's not my say-so
By Panman
You are all correct about the rules. MikeB can leave the post (which is gorgeous, by the way) and be eliminated from the prize or delete one of his posts. I know sometimes after you post you just have another picture that you just have to share so I think being able to delete a previous post is fair.
MaxVft liked this
By MikeB
Panman wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:51 pm You are all correct about the rules. MikeB can leave the post (which is gorgeous, by the way) and be eliminated from the prize or delete one of his posts. I know sometimes after you post you just have another picture that you just have to share so I think being able to delete a previous post is fair.
D'oh! My mistake. I'll delete the Low Giants and post it in another section, and stick with the typical that turned red in the fall.

Edit: For some reason, I don't have the option to delete it. Can one of the mods do this for me?
By MaxVft
MikeB wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:01 am
Edit: For some reason, I don't have the option to delete it. Can one of the mods do this for me?
Just self-report your post and write a little note in it, that's how I do it :D
By Panman
You can just edit it. Replace the text with deleted and delete the attachment. Or maybe Dean can oblige.
By ValkyrieRising
slicric78 wrote:As I repotted this G-16 (bought from Matt and Leah), I turned to my wife and asked her, if we were to marry again, would she walk down the aisle with this bouquet?

She stared blankly at me.

She later said she would permit it as a center piece. ...
I think that they would make a fantastic bouquet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!