FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By norikkusu
So my vft flowered a month or two ago, two stalks, it had seeds. I (accidentally) mostly ignored them but my vft has always been stubborn, the genes passed on, and I now have 185 seedlings, and probably more left. Issue: I have nor the space nor the time for this many Dionaea Musciplas, even if they do stay small for another year. I live in the UK, London area, any ideas? Selling seems like such a hassle, I don't know if garden centres accept them, and donating seems very iffy unless it is to garden centres, but I don't see any information online on whether they accept random plants. If anyone has any experience with this type of stuff, please let me know!
Kapahulu liked this
By ChefDean
Well, you have a few options.
1. You said you don't have room, so just throw them away. If you don't want to go there...
2. There are forums for carnivorous plants based in the UK that you could post on. Maybe there's someone close by that you could meet up to give them to or sell to for a good price.
3. There's a forum on this site for sales and trades in the UK and EU, maybe you could post them there looking for the same result as number two.
4. Offer to sell them all in one lot for one low price plus shipping, with the buyer knowing full well that these are seedlings, very small. Easily half could perish in shipping, but someone could still potentially end up with 100 or more seedlings on the cheap.
1 is easiest, 2, 3, and 4 more difficult. But if you offer them up as all or none for a good price, say 20 Euros plus shipping, I'm sure someone will jump on it.
By norikkusu
ChefDean wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:31 pm Well, you have a few options.
1. You said you don't have room, so just throw them away. If you don't want to go there...
2. There are forums for carnivorous plants based in the UK that you could post on. Maybe there's someone close by that you could meet up to give them to or sell to for a good price.
3. There's a forum on this site for sales and trades in the UK and EU, maybe you could post them there looking for the same result as number two.
4. Offer to sell them all in one lot for one low price plus shipping, with the buyer knowing full well that these are seedlings, very small. Easily half could perish in shipping, but someone could still potentially end up with 100 or more seedlings on the cheap.
1 is easiest, 2, 3, and 4 more difficult. But if you offer them up as all or none for a good price, say 20 Euros plus shipping, I'm sure someone will jump on it.
I've mostly been on here for help and thus didn't know there was a sales forum, so that's actually a massive help. Thank you! Don't want to throw them away sadly, I get too emotionally invested in my plants.
By MaxVft
MikeB wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:21 pm You could ask the teachers at the local schools if they would like to have some free flytraps.
With, of course, an extensive 10-page, 34-paragraph grow guide :D

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!