FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Holy crap! That's a crazy cool typical!
Last edited by MaxVft on Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bcavanau
Aren't all flytraps "typical" until they get written up and published, becoming a cultivar?

In this case, could you name it , send it to the ICPS to be disseminated, and have a new cultivar?

I guess I really don't know the process, so how does it all work (assuming you bred something cool)? Or is there more to it that I need to learn?
By MaxVft
bcavanau wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:53 pm Aren't all flytraps "typical" until they get written up and published, becoming a cultivar?

In this case, could you name it , send it to the ICPS to be disseminated, and have a new cultivar?

I guess I really don't know the process, so how does it all work (assuming you bred something cool)? Or is there more to it that I need to learn?
Yeah I guess that is pretty much how it works... and new cultivars don't have to be 'bred' from seed, take for example BZ '1955'. That cultivar was actually originally bought at a grocery store back in '55, going on to be a cultivar. The OP could take this plant and register it as a cultivar, buy it has too many similarities to other cultivars and may be declined by the ICPS.
Just my 2 cents.
By Matt
mia wrote:What is this? D.M. Vitiligo?
Where did you find the photo? Looks a bit like Scarlatine, but if it isn't a named flytrap clone and that trait hasn't been evaluated for stability, it's considered a Venus flytrap without a name (commonly called "typical") until someone evaluates it and chooses to name it.
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as w[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!