FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
My Drosera intermedia are putting up a ton of flowers again this year. I'm going to cut a bunch but I'm going to let more go to seed in the bogs. I know there are a bunch of seeds for it in the seed bank. Maybe I'll just harvest a bunch and just swap out the older ones for fresh ones. Anybody that would like intermedia seeds, PM me and I'll send you some for a SASE.
Attachments:
CM210810-201358005.jpg
CM210810-201358005.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 2743 times
By bcavanau
I have several shooting out flowers as well...are they self pollinating, or will I need to do something to get seeds? Grown inside for reference, so no pollinators in the tent.
By Nepenthes0260
Intermedia is such a vigorous species... I have a ton of seed harvesting to do as well. Even the slower forms from South America make abundant quantities of seed for me.

@bcavanau, D. intermedia is self fertile and makes an unbelievable amout of seed, rivaling capensis :lol:. Additionally, a lot of the time individual plants put up many flower stalks (up to 4 on some of my plants this year!)
By MaxVft
I also have a b'jillion flowers on my Intermedias(5 per plant!), and so far each pod has swelled and successfully self pollinated. I plan to harvest the first pod sometime next week. I wanted to donate to the FTC seedbank but @Panman already has that covered... :)
By ChefDean
MaxVft wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:09 amI wanted to donate to the FTC seedbank but @Panman already has that covered... :)
Send them anyway. About half of the intermedia seeds we have are from last year, so relatively fresh. The rest I can take out to some of my friends ponds and sow them.
One in particular is spring fed, highest measured TDS is 27 ppm, so the should take.
Supercazzola, MaxVft liked this
Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!