FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Panman wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:43 pm That looks like a successful rescue to me! BTW, where in Georgia are you?
I know, I'm so happy! Honestly, it's probably a good thing that my second flytrap ever (I bought one when I was like 13 and it died immediately) turned out so rough, in the process of trying to fix it with you guys I learned way more than if it had just been a normal healthy one!

And I'm over in Duluth in Fulton county! I saw that you're in Georgia too in a 7b zone, that means you must be near me, since I'm in a 7b zone as well!
By Panman
I'm in Fayetteville. If you are on Facebook, I have a group for Atlanta growers. https://www.facebook.com/groups/4774685 ... ?ref=share

Also join the Southeastern Carnivorous Plant Society. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1098075 ... ?ref=share They just had a swap meet last weekend. It was a great get together.
Nikson liked this
By Nikson
Can't believe how quickly this VFT is growing now. It even managed to catch and eat its first bug! I was worried at first since it was its first trap that has the weird fold in it, but it had no issues sealing up and digesting.

Next challenge is definitely going to be making it through winter dormancy for the first time, I think.

Update images:

MaxVft liked this
By Nikson
My Dente VFT I got from Lowes was putting out new traps as I was acclimating it to the sun over a month, and its largest new trap grew halfway then turned black. Not again!

At least this time I know it's nothing to freak out about, just gotta wait for it to get used to being outside all the time now, even after acclimation.

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I r[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Looking for a Cephalotus

A guy in a plant club I'm in said he had some Nepe[…]

AI Generated Nepenthes

Hey look, it's those oddly neon bonsai seeds for s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!