FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Apollyon
It definitely has potential though I'd keep it out of water if you intend to keep it inside. Check out the flytrapstore info on growing the.. it has great advice to make the little guy grow into something impressive
optique, leegilee, MaxVft liked this
By MaxVft
Nice plant!
It looks exactly like the 'Dente' cultivar, but that trait is quite common in VFTs so it's probably just a typical. As @Apollyon stated, the FTS/FTC grow guides are pretty helpful.
leegilee liked this
By MikeB
leegilee wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:55 pm Thank you I bought from this guy that made a big thing about never letting the basin dry out, will it rot the roots?
Flytraps like to be damp but not soggy-wet. I don't recommend letting the water level in the tray get higher than about 15% of the pot (no more than 0.5 inch / 1 centimeter with a pot as tall as yours). To put it in human terms: flytraps don't want to wade in up to their waists; they just want to get their feet wet.

With too much water, the problem is rhizome rot instead of root rot. The plant will suddenly stop producing new leaves, then the existing leaves die. Water the plant, let the saucer go dry, then water it again.

If it's reasonably warm where you are (above 75 F / 24 C) and you have a sunny location in the yard, then your plant would be happier outside where it can catch some food. The Venus flytrap is native to the area around Wilmington, North Carolina, USA. Summers there are hot (85-95 F / 29-35 C) and humid; winters are cool (35-55 F / 2-13 C). These are the conditions that you want to duplicate in cultivation.
leegilee, MaxVft liked this

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!