FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello all
I have never used Maxsea before and got 1 tablespoon as a bonus with a trade I did. I have read you need to mix it 1/4 of a tablespoon to 1 gallon. I don't really think I'll be using that much water for it, and I just want to fill a small 2-ounce spray bottle with the stuff to try it out for a couple weeks. I don't currently have a TDS or PPM meter with me, so would 1 or 2 of the bigger grains of Maxsea work for this? I know this is kinda stupid to ask, but I am just asking questions that I hope to be answered by the forum :)
Thanks and happy growing
Max
By evenwind
If you're experimenting, you should really try to get an accurate measurement. Maybe someone you know has a set of the sub-1/4 teaspoon measuring spoons? When I first tried out Maxsea for my seedlings, I finally wound up having to mix a whole gallon to get the measurement correct. I poured off what immediately needed and saved the rest.
MaxVft liked this
By bcavanau
Glad you will put the Maxsea to use. I just mix a gallon, and use it as needed. It will last a long time, just store it out of light, and somewhere cool. I store it in the basement next to my grow tent.

A gallon will probably last me a year or more at this point. I mist it on my "bulk" plants, but use a small syringe to put it on the trap/leaves of my "trophy" flytraps, trying my best to miss the trigger hairs as to not unnecessarily trigger any traps. For drosera I just put a few drops on the leaf/dew. And for sarracenia, I squirt a bit into the pitchers.

Good luck.
Brian
MaxVft liked this
By ChefDean
Mix the 1/4 tsp per gallon of distilled water, and use that to fill your 2 oz bottle. Mixed, it will be more stable, and will last a loooooong time in a cool, dark place. Keep the dry portion in your fridge to keep it dry.
Spritz your smaller plants/utrics/VFT's/seedlings, and fill a pitcher bi-weekly on your Sarrs and Neps.
You have enough to last you for quite a while.
MaxVft liked this
By Shadowtski
MaxVft wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:20 pm Hello all
I have never used Maxsea before and got 1 tablespoon as a bonus with a trade I did. I have read you need to mix it 1/4 of a tablespoon to 1 gallon. I don't really think I'll be using that much water for it, and I just want to fill a small 2-ounce spray bottle with the stuff to try it out for a couple weeks. I don't currently have a TDS or PPM meter with me, so would 1 or 2 of the bigger grains of Maxsea work for this? I know this is kinda stupid to ask, but I am just asking questions that I hope to be answered by the forum :)
Thanks and happy growing
Max

I have read you need to mix it 1/4 of a tablespoon to 1 gallon
Just a quick note: Correct ratio is 1/4 Teaspoon per Gallon of distilled water.
Mix up a Gallon and put a quart in a big mist sprayer.
Take the other 3 quarts and give your houseplants and outside plants a little treat.
Just my 02¢ worth.
MaxVft, ChefDean liked this
Not what you would expect...

Is it behind the seedling cup of drosera capensis […]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!