FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Xeno
Hi all,

I recently bought a new terrarium that I am gonna use for my nepenthes. Its about 500 Liter volume so its pretty big
and I hope my neps dont outgrow it to fast. I am still not sure on the bottom yet but im gonna use these dont know name
in english and have some water at bottom and then use nice netpots for my neps on that with sphagnum in the pots only.
And I am also got setup a misting system for get the humidity up and get it cool looking :p also thinking that I am gonna
add some metal wrap to have on the backside and the sides.

Just a pic:

By The Mighty Thor
Awsome terrarium and good luck! What kind of nepenthes are you going to be using?
By Xeno
I will use these ones:

N. rafflesiana
N. ampullaria "Speckled"
N. bicalcarata "Red Flush"
N. truncata "Highland Red"
N. hirsuta

The Mighty Thor wrote:Awsome terrarium and good luck! What kind of nepenthes are you going to be using?
By Xeno
The Mighty Thor wrote:Awsome terrarium and good luck! What kind of nepenthes are you going to be using?

Its 60-65 cm high 60 with the bottom layer I guess.
By moof
Hm this can be a bit low for grown-up neps. But it'll take a while before they grow to this size. The terrarium is really coming up nice
By Xeno
moof wrote:Hm this can be a bit low for grown-up neps. But it'll take a while before they grow to this size. The terrarium is really coming up nice
Yeah I thought so to but iff my neps should reach those sizes then I would just lay them down so they
could grow on the side a little and make that terra to a jungle that would be so nice to watch (:
My goal is to get it very crowded I guess hehe..
By The Mighty Thor
I wonder if the top leaf, above most nepenthes pitchers, can move slightly to accommodate for varying levels of rainwater in the pitcher. This is a little off subject but hearing about the misting system made me wonder this again.
By hackerberry
Wow, very nice terrarium.
The Mighty Thor wrote:I wonder if the top leaf, above most nepenthes pitchers, can move slightly to accommodate for varying levels of rainwater in the pitcher. This is a little off subject but hearing about the misting system made me wonder this again.
Hello Thor, the neps shouldn't need misting if they are getting at least 80% Relative Humidity.

hb
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!