FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Artchic528
I have 3 Ventrata and what I think is a “St. Gaya” or “Red Leopard” but am unsure yet. Right now they are in my back yard in dappled light (the back yard is full of trees so plenty of bright indirect light). They seem happy for now while it’s summer, however, since I live in Charlotte, NC I can’t leave them out year round. I also have a very inquisitive almost 1 year old indoor cat that loves to nibble on houseplants. I can’t seem to find a spot where I can keep them without him knocking them over, nomming off leaves or just uprooting them to bat around for a while and make a huge mess! I’m at wits end here (rehoming is not an option, he’s too attached to me) and racking my brain thinking of how to keep my neps happy and my cat from having them as a snack come this fall! Any ideas?
By CPhunter101
I had a cat problem, but after spraying my CPs with homemade cat repellent (non toxic), the cats never came back.
I used the vinegar + soap repellent and it didn't affect my CPs' health if sprayed directly.
The only problem with the repellent is that my frontyard smelled pretty bad for a week.
I only sprayed once, but you might need to reapply weekly.
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Homemade-Cat-Repellent
Matt liked this
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!