FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post your experience here, good or bad, to help others in future transactions

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello all,
I recently made a transaction with MikeB, and I did not regret one bit of it.
I ordered a Drosera Filiformis Var. Filiformis from him, and he was very kind and generous, giving me a full grown plant along with a bunch of freebie Drosera seeds, a lot of intermedia and even some free baby flytraps. Would 100 percent go with him again. Thank you MikeB!
Last edited by MaxVft on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
MikeB, bcavanau, Carnies liked this
By elaineo
Okay, I bought 10 small VFTs from @MikeB and he said that I might receive up to 15 plants. Well that was false advertising because I counted at least 17! Along with about a billion little sundews. And, am I supposed to believe that these are 2-3 year old seedlings? Riiiight, that's like my grown-ass self trying to pass as a 6 year old to order a grilled cheese sandwich off the kid's menu at Cracker Barrel.

Anyway.
Plants arrived in awesome condition. Most flytraps had their mouths open and the dews were dewy. Highly recommended, unless you are trying to exercise self-restraint and limit the size of your collection, in which case you should run away as fast as you can :D
Panman, MikeB, MaxVft and 2 others liked this
By bcavanau
@MikeB is great. I too got 10 VFT's from him, this is what I ended up with:

- 24 Venus Flytrtaps
- 10 Drosera intermedia

Shipped when promised, great communication, and info after the sale. Stand up guy, wouldn't hesitate to deal with again.
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg (3.03 MiB) Viewed 5446 times
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (3.91 MiB) Viewed 5446 times
image3.jpeg
image3.jpeg (3.35 MiB) Viewed 5446 times
MikeB, elaineo, MaxVft and 1 others liked this
By geekdad
I agree with what others have said. I ordered 10 VFTs and they were very nice plants and in great shape. And he even drew in some drosera. Will definitely order again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikeB liked this
By MaxVft
I went to do business with him once again by asking him to do a trade for some of his akai ryu's, but he insisted to give 4 of them to me for free(minus the cost of shipping) along with about 10 free B52/Grün/D. Intermedia/ D. Filiformis Red. He said he really needed to thin out his collection, which is why he gave them to me without trading.
@MikeB, what would we do without you?
MikeB liked this
By Panman
I just bought some B52 and A16 flytraps from @MikeB and would do it again. The packaging was terrific and the plants arrived in good condition. The plants we agreed on were nice sized with good root structures. Then there were all of the babies floating around with them. He even threw in some intermedia. I've done transactions with Mike before, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
MaxVft, elaineo, MikeB liked this
By JaneCP
A bit late in posting, but I agree with everyone else! Got more flytraps than expected with some bonus sundews. All of them arrived in great shape and now enjoying their new home! :D
MikeB, Panman, MaxVft liked this
By Rammplins
Just repotted all the flytraps I just received from Mike. A couple B52's and a slew of typicals, got way more than i expected and all of them were in fantastic condition. Definitely would do it again, thanks again Mike!

The bonus intermedias he sent were welcome as well!
20210820_191508.jpg
20210820_191508.jpg (168.31 KiB) Viewed 5078 times
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MikeB liked this
By A Fellow Scientist
Definitely agree with everyone else, Mike was very informative of the process since I hadn't really dealt with PayPal before and threw in way more VFT's than I was expecting along with some freebie intermedias.

Definitely would do business with him again 10/10.
MikeB, MaxVft liked this
By Lain
Long overdue feedback. I have a legitimate excuse though. Few months ago I reached out to Mike and got some flytraps and I expressed interest in his live sphagnum moss if he had any. He didn't mention anything at the time so I figured he didn't have any. Few weeks later he messaged me saying he had some available if I was still interested. I of course said yes but I was in a slight bind I wasn't consistently home due to a project. He said he would reserve it for me. I figured I would write a review about the first and second transaction together.

Fast forward a really long time I was wrapping up said project reached out asked him about a2 since I was paying for shipping moss anyways he offers a great deal but mentions there is a ultricularia invader inside the moss. I said it's fine I'll just keep an eye on it. A week or two later he reaches out and says he just can't sell me the moss in good conscience the invader has all but taken over. He offers me the red moss for the same agreed price so I can get a small discount so I agreed.. I mean who wouldn't?

I have a feral cat or maybe more who have now claimed my yard as their property and apparently they think my cp = catnip I ended up with more nubs than not so I asked Mike about some more vft he gave me a list of options I said I'd take a small amount of each.. keyword "small".

Someone needs to buy Mike a learn to count book.. or his flytraps multiply during shipping. Mike gave me exact numbers down to the itty bitty babies but I counted more than he said. The first time around he tossed in a handful of extra babies and intermedias which was appreciated because I fumbled up some on potting attempt. Second time he claims he emptied two pots but unless his pots are horse troughs I think he lies.

Thanks Mike! I hope one day you learn how to count and use normal pots!
MaxVft, MikeB liked this
By MikeB
Lain wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:54 am Thanks Mike! I hope one day you learn how to count and use normal pots!
My inability to count accurately and use of oversized pots work in your favor. :lol:
Panman, MaxVft, Intheswamp liked this
By MaxVft
Lain wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:54 am Someone needs to buy Mike a learn to count book.. or his flytraps multiply during shipping.
Either that or he gets a bad case of amnesia everytime he does business :D poor guy...
Panman liked this
By MaxVft
Just did s'more business with him.
I paid 11 bucks for 1 adult Fine Tooth x Red plant and guess what he did? He gave me SIX Fine Tooth x Red plants(2 adults, 4 babies)and a full-sized 'Yellow' VFT(not shown in pic).
20210918_185318.jpg
20210918_185318.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 4847 times
Now I know for SURE he has to go to therapy and/or watch more Sesame Street.

Thank you for the abundance of plants Mike!
By MikeB
@MaxVFT: I sold you the contents of the pot. It's not my fault if the plant multiplied a lot (wait - maybe it is...).
By MaxVft
MikeB wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:28 am @MaxVFT: I sold you the contents of the pot. It's not my fault if the plant multiplied a lot (wait - maybe it is...).
Wait a minute...

On the sales page it clearly listed that it was 'Per plant, NOT per pot'.

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!