FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
So after several years I finally decided to get back into succulents!
Today, I got these little guys at Walmart for 2.97 each. I just couldn't pass them up.
Though, the tags don't name the species, they just say cacti. So, I was hoping any of you guys could help identify them for me, and possibly list their care requirements?

When I get them repotted, I'll put them outside with my other few succulents, but I was wondering if the temperature would be appropriate for them. I live in Central florida, so summer temps get pretty hot (over 95F constantly). I know a lot of cacti come from places even hotter, but I just need confirmation to ease my mind, lol.

Thanks!ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

albertoburrito, Matt liked this
By MaxVft
Sorry, I have never grown cacti before. But while searching for clues as to the species, I found this species identifier(if you have time to go through the whole thing lol):
https://succulentalley.com/types-of-cac ... -pictures/
It has 1,000 I believe(judging on the title of the website).
Hope this helps,
Max
By DragonsEye
Your heat and sun they'll be fine with -- just remember to harden them off properly. Your humidity, on the other hand, will very possibly be an issue. I would suggest repotting them into a coarse, inorganic media. Should help you avoid the media staying too wet too long.
By evenwind
Don't know about the tall one but the I think the round one with the sparse spines is a gymnocalcycium, probably G. baldianum. The fuzzy round one is likely a mammilaria but it will be easier to tell if you can get it to flower (mamms have a ring of small flowers around the crown, most non-mamms usually have one or two really large flowers.)
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

I know it's gonna be a blast!!! Wish I could come[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!